• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Day Was Good, delays sucks though

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Publix just felt like an overprice piggly wiggly or a discount whole foods, I'm sorry.

**** you and your ****** mass-produced lager, your bland mild cheddar and cleavage that never gets to see the light of day. You're barking up the wrong tree here Jr.

#freethetitties

Edited by George Jenkins
Grammar and punctuation

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, George Jenkins said:

**** you and your ****** mass-produced lager, your bland mild cheddar and cleavage that never gets to see the light of day. You're barking up the wrong tree here Jr.

#freethetitties

The quality content I signed up for

11 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I guess you didn’t catch anything? I was gonna say use a white willow leaf spinnerbait. Great on a cloudy day.

Oh, sorry I caught 4 bass, biggest one was like 4 lbs, pictures are on my phone lemme see if I can forward em to my laptop

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think the Grocery store comparisons are hard to really gauge because each location can vary wildly within each Chain. So for example, I have been to some amazing Kroger's and also Kroger's that are dumps. I used to think Piggly Wiggley was like a Food Lion because most I had been to were in Georgia. The one I was at in Wisconsin a few months ago was actually pretty nice. 

Kroger bought Pick n' Save up in Wisconsin and those are generally about the same as Publix. 

You could make a case for Publix sub's and having a sandwich shop on site but I agree with Puc on this one. I think Publix's subs are good but I wouldn't go out of my way for one. Publix's claim to fame was their levels of service. Well I don't see it the same in the past 10 years. The stores are more packed and the employees care less. I hear good things about Wegman's in the NE but haven't been to one.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

42 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I think the Grocery store comparisons are hard to really gauge because each location can vary wildly within each Chain. So for example, I have been to some amazing Kroger's and also Kroger's that are dumps. I used to think Piggly Wiggley was like a Food Lion because most I had been to were in Georgia. The one I was at in Wisconsin a few months ago was actually pretty nice. 

Kroger bought Pick n' Save up in Wisconsin and those are generally about the same as Publix. 

You could make a case for Publix sub's and having a sandwich shop on site but I agree with Puc on this one. I think Publix's subs are good but I wouldn't go out of my way for one. Publix's claim to fame was their levels of service. Well I don't see it the same in the past 10 years. The stores are more packed and the employees care less. I hear good things about Wegman's in the NE but haven't been to one.  

This is the crux of my position. Publix isn't bad but people act like the store and the subs in particular are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Publix they are trying to remember is long gone and what is left is a crowded basic grocery store, where the shelves are being stocked by people more concerned with their task at hand than getting out of the way or helping shoppers, items out of stock regularly, check out lines that are crowded with a constant begging of employees by name to please get to a register and when someone finally gets to register the checkout person is more interested in conversing with the bagging person or checking their cellphone than ringing you out. I have been to Publix all throughout the state and this is not an isolated location it is the company's new modus operandi as they race towards Walmart at breakneck speed.  If everyone was not focused on perpetuating the shopping is a pleasure myth in order to protect their stock they would take an honest look at how Publix is now just your average market. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Land Shark is BOGO at Publix today. Stock up for the storm. 

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Free cookie for the kids and old-fashioned scales are kinda unique. Honestly, I have lived without a Publix up here in lovely Southern Maryland for 16 years, and I still get groceries. But I also find Publix to be a much nicer experience overall whenever I am in Florida. Go Publix... er... Bulls! 🤘

Maybe I need to start bringing kids and weighing myself so I can see the market differentiation I am clearly missing. Lucky's lets me buy a pint of beer and my wife a glass of wine and has cup holders for the carts, that is the kind of shopping experience value add that I appreciate. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Land Shark is BOGO at Publix today. Stock up for the storm GAME. 

FIFY - screw the storm

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Maybe I need to start bringing kids and weighing myself so I can see the market differentiation I am clearly missing. Lucky's lets me buy a pint of beer and my wife a glass of wine and has cup holders for the carts, that is the kind of shopping experience value add that I appreciate. 

I've never heard of Lucky's. Sounds cool though. 👍

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

This is the crux of my position. Publix isn't bad but people act like the store and the subs in particular are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Publix they are trying to remember is long gone and what is left is a crowded basic grocery store, where the shelves are being stocked by people more concerned with their task at hand than getting out of the way or helping shoppers, items out of stock regularly, check out lines that are crowded with a constant begging of employees by name to please get to a register and when someone finally gets to register the checkout person is more interested in conversing with the bagging person or checking their cellphone than ringing you out. I have been to Publix all throughout the state and this is not an isolated location it is the company's new modus operandi as they race towards Walmart at breakneck speed.  If everyone was not focused on perpetuating the shopping is a pleasure myth in order to protect their stock they would take an honest look at how Publix is now just your average market. 

You just love getting into every **** storm imaginable on this board....

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You just love getting into every **** storm imaginable on this board....

You cant have puckish without the puc.