• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Season Ticket Update

Guest Jonesy Bull

Im not old but not ecactly young either.....Techonology is great most of the time, but there is a dark side. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

The time will be coming where every ticket will be on the smart phone only.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,524
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Tickets for the lightning games are all e-tickets. You no longer have the ability to print them out. They did this because they had too many people selling fake "scalped" tickets outside the stadium. So now you either have a hard ticket that you bought from the ticket office or an e-ticket. No more paper "pdf" tickets. 

That definitely makes sense but I sure thought we saw guys waving 8x11 pieces of paper, trying to sell. Friend I was with asked the same question about not being able to print ... So if you buy a Lightning ticket for one game thru Ticketmaster the only way you get in is with a smart phone?

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So if you buy a Lightning ticket for one game thru Ticketmaster the only way you get in is with a smart phone?

I believe that is true for the Bucs and that is where the technology is heading.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

Deleted, see below

Edited by TheAccountant
quoted wrong person

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That definitely makes sense but I sure thought we saw guys waving 8x11 pieces of paper, trying to sell. Friend I was with asked the same question about not being able to print ... So if you buy a Lightning ticket for one game thru Ticketmaster the only way you get in is with a smart phone?

Yep, if someone tries to sell you a paper ticket then then they are trying to steal your money. If you want to give the ticket to a friend, you either have to transfer it to them through ticketmaster or screenshot the ticket on your phone and text it to them. Some ticketing companies apps don't allow screenshots of tickets too, so in that case you would have to transfer it to them using the app. 

I have heard that if you take your phone with you to the box office, or if you purchase your ticket through the box office they will give you a physical ticket. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

Yep, if someone tries to sell you a paper ticket then then they are trying to steal your money. If you want to give the ticket to a friend, you either have to transfer it to them through ticketmaster or screenshot the ticket on your phone and text it to them. Some ticketing companies apps don't allow screenshots of tickets too, so in that case you would have to transfer it to them using the app. 

I have heard that if you take your phone with you to the box office, or if you purchase your ticket through the box office they will give you a physical ticket. 

Even Broadway is moving to this model...

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

We are planning to place individual game tickets on cell phones if purchased at the RJS box office.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

We are planning to place individual game tickets on cell phones if purchased at the RJS box office.

So, if John Q Fan and his group 12 go to the box office without a smart phone, they won’t be able to buy tickets?   

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055

after a long day or tailgating my phone is always dead before game time.