• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Season Ticket Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

32 minutes ago, USFDan said:

When you can't even sell out the lower bowl against a ranked Big Ten team that may have the best RB in the country, you can't complain about not being P5.

Friday Night Lights make it a little more difficult to do so, as does a 6 game losing streak, but I do agree. Not having 42,000+ at this one will be a disappointment. 

There are a disturbingly large number of tickets remaining and the cost per ticket is quite high. I would venture to guess there are about 10% of the south endzone available, 20% of the west sideline and about 20% of the east side of the stadium. If the students were to show out in force, we are probably sitting around 35,000 or so in attendance. Would hope that number gets closer to 40,000. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

There are a disturbingly large number of tickets remaining and the cost per ticket is quite high. I would venture to guess there are about 10% of the south endzone available, 20% of the west sideline and about 20% of the east side of the stadium. If the students were to show out in force, we are probably sitting around 35,000 or so in attendance. Would hope that number gets closer to 40,000. 

I think the Greek thing puts a major damper on that happening.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,634
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, E.T. said:

Any word on Game One Ticket Count?

A quick look at ticketmaster and there are at least 5,000 seats still open for sale.  Assuming another 1,000 or 2,000 are on hold for various purposes and may not end up being distributed, that means we've sold and/or distributed approximately 37,000 seats (which assumes all 9,000+ students will show up).  So let's take that 37,000 and subtract 10,000 for students and HOT seats = 27,000.  Subtract 5,000 for tickets sold to UW fans = 22,000.  Subtract 15,500 (hopefully) season tickets =  6,500 single tickets sold to USF non-season ticket fans and the casual local fan.

To me, VPAMK looked a little disappointed at the Block Party when he was trying to rile up the crowd to bring 10 friends to the game.  I get that it's Friday night - big concert in town, high school footbal, have to work so can't tailgate, can't drive to Tampa from the hinterlands on a weeknight - but c'mon UW is a P5 B1G team with a preseason top 20 ranking in all the polls. And don't forget they did not cancel the return game like so many other P5 teams have done to us.  Those of us who are there really need to bring it for this team to have a shot at the upset.

GO BULLS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, BDYZR said:

I think the Greek thing puts a major damper on that happening.

I get that, but there are 47,000+ students. There are about 3,800 that participate in Greek Life. That leaves 43,000+ to claim 12,500 tickets. I do wish there was a better way to coordinate the Greek festivities with the home football opener. Many of those students are the most active on campus. 

Just now, 79 Bull said:

A quick look at ticketmaster and there are at least 5,000 seats still open for sale.  Assuming another 1,000 or 2,000 are on hold for various purposes and may not end up being distributed, that means we've sold and/or distributed approximately 37,000 seats (which assumes all 9,000+ students will show up).  So let's take that 37,000 and subtract 10,000 for students and HOT seats = 27,000.  Subtract 5,000 for tickets sold to UW fans = 22,000.  Subtract 15,500 (hopefully) season tickets =  6,500 single tickets sold to USF non-season ticket fans and the casual local fan.

To me, VPAMK looked a little disappointed at the Block Party when he was trying to rile up the crowd to bring 10 friends to the game.  I get that it's Friday night - big concert in town, high school footbal, have to work so can't tailgate, can't drive to Tampa from the hinterlands on a weeknight - but c'mon UW is a P5 B1G team with a preseason top 20 ranking in all the polls. And don't forget they did not cancel the return game like so many other P5 teams have done to us.  Those of us who are there really need to bring it for this team to have a shot at the upset.

GO BULLS!

Wasn't this game a rescheduling of the home portion of the home-and-home we signed on this one that began in 2014 in Madison? The return game was originally scheduled for 2017, but was pushed back to this season. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I get that, but there are 47,000+ students. There are about 3,800 that participate in Greek Life. That leaves 43,000+ to claim 12,500 tickets. I do wish there was a better way to coordinate the Greek festivities with the home football opener. Many of those students are the most active on campus. 

Agree, that's just the excuse they always use on the first game.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Student guest tickets just went on sale today.    

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Hopefully when school starts next week, they make a big push on campus..

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

I know that it is obvious, but this program desperately needs to start winning meaningful games to get some juice back.