• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Notorious?? Are you ******* kidding me ....?

Too strong? 

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Jeez, sensitive much? I never said that USF is the only school reporting different numbers. I simply said did I would be impressed if that was the end Stadium attendance and pointed out that the attendance was boosted by a near stadium takeover by the fans of another program.

I'm not a UCF fan. Far from it, not even sure why you are even rushing to that judgement. I am more than ready to see them lose several games, including to USF, so that I don't have to see them ranked or talked about on ESPN (unless it is about them losing).

It is just embarrassing to me, at least, to be in Ray Jay, look around and see 17k people, pretend that the club seats are sold out and then see the announced attendance. 

All schools should be honest and just report actual game attendance while cashing checks from the people who paid for tickets but did not show up for the game.

It is actually worse than that.  It is tickets distributed, not sold.  Give tickets to kids families, give tickets to Military, or teachers or.......... and they don't show.  So they are counted in the total but we don't get any money either whether they show or not.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

15 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

I would be impressed if that was in-the-stadium attendance but those numbers are announced attendance right? USF is notorious for quoting announced attendance and not actual in-the-stadium attendance. Plus last season's attendance was boosted by the central Florida takeover of Ray Jay.

1, Look above at the highlighted comments you made. Notorious, as if USF is the only school who does this and does it with a nefarious purpose. You go on to mention that UCF inflated our attendance when in fact every school has this happen when their rival shows up including UCF getting a boost simply because they are playing USF. My "Troll Alert" went off immediately. 

2, "All schools inflate their attendance by reporting "Tickets Distributed and not just tickets sold.""

3, My reaction is mild compared to what some would have done.

If you are a fan of USF, I'd suggesting thinking before posting. I may not respond so. If you aren't; again, Think before posting and write more creative attacks.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,341
  • Days Won:  10

With the exception of the word "notorious" because it does have negative connotations, everything BJ wrote is true.  We need dissenters on this board.  God knows we have enough groupthink on here.  The "love it or leave it" mentality is entertaining when it pops up.

And as far as people buying tickets and not attending?  Do you think Brad attends all of his season ticket games?  No, he buys them and distributes them.  People who buy tickets should be congratulated whether they attend or not.  Especially those who know that they won't be able to attend.  As far as what they do with their tickets?  They paid for them.  They can do whatever the heck they want to.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Attendance is just fine

033F0C6D-85A7-4B54-9B82-6AE46DD8DD98.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

17 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

USF is notorious for quoting announced attendance and not actual in-the-stadium attendance.

6 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Too strong? 

Just a wee bit. Replace “notorious for” with “following what every other college football program in the country does by” and we’re good. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

033F0C6D-85A7-4B54-9B82-6AE46DD8DD98.jpeg

The data shows USF has rising attendance while the national trend is a decline. 

The das shows USF is very close to the average. With that average being skewed by Texas A&M, Alabama, LSU, etc. reporting average attendance numbers of 100,000.

Based on the data presented, USF’s attendance is not any worse than any other non-bluechip program, especially given our conference. And the recent rise in 2018 attendance combined with future scheduling, USF attendance is trending in a positive direction while most other programs are in a negative direction. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Azmodi said:

3, My reaction is mild compared to what some would have done.

True dat ..... although, it could be argued that calling him a Kanigit fan is worse than wishing him dead.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

With the exception of the word "notorious" because it does have negative connotations, everything BJ wrote is true.  We need dissenters on this board.  God knows we have enough groupthink on here.  The "love it or leave it" mentality is entertaining when it pops up.

And as far as people buying tickets and not attending?  Do you think Brad attends all of his season ticket games?  No, he buys them and distributes them.  People who buy tickets should be congratulated whether they attend or not.  Especially those who know that they won't be able to attend.  As far as what they do with their tickets?  They paid for them.  They can do whatever the heck they want to.

Here is the thing with UCF there were a ton of games where they had very light attendance...they can hide behind those games because they don't have the same reporting metrics as USF...I get knocking USF, but other schools have had attendance issues as well but don't report the same...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2018.pdf

3rd highest increase college football.  2nd highest in our G5 conference behind those that shall not be named who have played out of their mind the past 2 years.   We play in a ****** conference in a big stadium so if only 17k show up to watch us play Tu-freaking- lane then it looks empty.  ******** about our attendance is the "cool", easy thing to do, but there is nothing wrong with our attendance.

• Upvote 1