• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College football attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

USF saw a 2018 rise, most others are seeing a decline. USFs 38,500 is  near the average 41,800.  It looks like we can beat the average with brand name home game opponents. UF, Miami and FSU are good for USFs home game attendance metrics:

——- 

The school announced Thursday an average home attendance of 38,517 for six home games this season, an increase of more than 7,000 from 2017.

The mark is USF's highest since 2012, when it averaged 44,120 fans for six home games in its final season of Big East play. That year also included the largest announced home crowd in school history (69,383), against No. 4 FSU.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/11/29/usf-announces-football-attendance-increase/

According to CBS Sports, for the seventh time in eight years, numbers dipped across the board. Across 129 FBS schools, the average attendance came down to 41,856, the lowest mark since 1996.

https://gasnsports.com/sec-football-attendance-vs-america/

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Gismo said:

USF saw a 2018 rise, most others are seeing a decline. USFs 38,500 is  near the average 41,800.  It looks like we can beat the average with brand name home game opponents. UF, Miami and FSU are good for USFs home game attendance metrics:

——- 

The school announced Thursday an average home attendance of 38,517 for six home games this season, an increase of more than 7,000 from 2017.

The mark is USF's highest since 2012, when it averaged 44,120 fans for six home games in its final season of Big East play. That year also included the largest announced home crowd in school history (69,383), against No. 4 FSU.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/11/29/usf-announces-football-attendance-increase/

According to CBS Sports, for the seventh time in eight years, numbers dipped across the board. Across 129 FBS schools, the average attendance came down to 41,856, the lowest mark since 1996.

https://gasnsports.com/sec-football-attendance-vs-america/

Who would have guessed brand name opponents are a difference maker in our attendance?🤣

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Who would have guessed brand name opponents are a difference maker in our attendance?🤣

Probably the same people who think winning helps attendance, too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

“Who would have guessed brand name opponents are a difference maker in our attendance?“ 

“Probably the same people who think winning helps attendance, too.

Is this one of those weird test questions? The answer is:

Winning against brand name opponents helps attendance. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Does anybody know how many season tickets we have sold/usually sell over the last few years?

The reason I ask is because FSU season tickets are nearing 24,500 and some people are saying that's a total collapse verse what they had just a few years ago. Was curious if we are close to the 24/25k number ourselves.

Go Bulls!!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, jasonb56 said:

Does anybody know how many season tickets we have sold/usually sell over the last few years?

The reason I ask is because FSU season tickets are nearing 24,500 and some people are saying that's a total collapse verse what they had just a few years ago. Was curious if we are close to the 24/25k number ourselves.

Go Bulls!!

Just shy of 16K for 2018 per this article, which was an increase.  The on field success was attributed as a partial reason for the increase

Edited by chapelbull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

I would be impressed if that was in-the-stadium attendance but those numbers are announced attendance right? USF is notorious for quoting announced attendance and not actual in-the-stadium attendance. Plus last season's attendance was boosted by the central Florida takeover of Ray Jay.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

I would be impressed if that was in-the-stadium attendance but those numbers are announced attendance right? USF is notorious for quoting announced attendance and not actual in-the-stadium attendance. Plus last season's attendance was boosted by the central Florida takeover of Ray Jay.

And UCF claimed 35k attendance of a game that was around 10k or less. Lets be honest all schools have inflated their attendance more than once. There was an article about the University of Tennessee and another about the University of Kentucky in which both had drastically over inflated their attendances. Yeash,

Just because USF has their attendance published every freaking time doesn't mean USF is the only school reporting different numbers. Most schools report "Tickets Distributed" as their tickets sold and that isn't true but, hey they aren't getting their numbers reported every freaking day. 

Listen, if you're a UCF fan just say so, don't come her being a closet clown.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 2