• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I didn't discount it. I just find it hilarious that you think you're two wins this decade is impressive. One was a freebie (2015) and 2016 was a 1 score game at half-time. Given the circumstances that the team came off a winless season and had a brand new coach, I would say it was pretty impressive that they managed to hold the game that close until you guys pulled away in the second half. I was expecting a much more lopsided game.

Are you insinuating that because Strong came in 2017, that is comparable to our 2016 situation? Strong inherited an 11-2 team with the best QB (Quinton Flowers) you guys have ever had. Frost had a true Freshman QB and basically had to rebuild the team from scratch.

Where is this proof this proof that he cried about it afterwards?

After our coaching change you guys beat us at home on a kickoff return while our win after your change was a blow out, would you say there was a 40 point difference in the situations? We started off the decade you wish to compare at rock bottom of our program which led to you winning twice but within two years we were right back to beating you. As for Frost’s post game wining and temper tantrum it’s widely reported and you can google it as well as I can. Basically Frost didn’t like us running 4 plays and scoring after you were sacked on 4th and long. He asked why Willie didn’t take a knee and Willie said well why didn’t you punt?

13 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Actually, there isn't a pretty good chance the gap will widen. I have no doubt Kerwin Bell is going to do good things for your offense, but UCF has consistently had better recruiting classes, Strong is 0-3 vs UCF and we landed a QB that is light years ahead of whatever QB you guys have/will have. Heupel is locked in for for another 2 years before his buyout is somewhat palatable which means stability in recruiting and confidence in the staff by the players.

I can see us starting with Wimbush but our true Freshman QB Dillon Gabriel will end up becoming the starter at some point because he has Trevor Lawrence level swagger. Heupel was a Heisman QB, he knows how to coach QB's. Dillon Gabriel is absolutely going to be a machine. We have one of if not the best offensive line in the conference and we just got some studs on the D-line. You guys have a tough start and a tough finish, that should play nicely in our favor.

9AAF8A49-9502-4BCC-9AF4-3DF7A81FEDDC.jpeg.ec2d705c57b5eeddc4acd7676d50c3a1.jpeg

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

37 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I didn't discount it. I just find it hilarious that you think you're two wins this decade is impressive. One was a freebie (2015) and 2016 was a 1 score game at half-time. Given the circumstances that the team came off a winless season and had a brand new coach, I would say it was pretty impressive that they managed to hold the game that close until you guys pulled away in the second half. I was expecting a much more lopsided game.

Are you insinuating that because Strong came in 2017, that is comparable to our 2016 situation? Strong inherited an 11-2 team with the best QB (Quinton Flowers) you guys have ever had. Frost had a true Freshman QB and basically had to rebuild the team from scratch.

Where is this proof this proof that he cried about it afterwards?

I don't think he had to rebuild the team from scratch. That is a bit of a stretch. He had to make the game fun again for them, that is nor rebuilding, in my opinion. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

I don't think he had to rebuild the team from scratch. That is a bit of a stretch. He had to make the game fun again for them, that is nor rebuilding, in my opinion. 

While it's true Frost had George O'Leary players, he also had plenty of his holes to fill when he came in that he did with his own recruits. There were plenty that were directly responsible for the win. McKenzie Milton was one of those. Furthermore, the team had effectively mailed it in and he had to sift through the not good enough (NGE). Then he had to do a complete culture change. We changed defensive schemes from a 4:3 to a 3:4, the offense went from Pro style to Oregon tempo. It wasn't a complete rebuild but it was light years compared to what Strong inherited with Taggart's recruits. You guys are going to see first hand the growing pains from going from an anemic offense to what Bell is trying to install. There is 100% a learning curve. Whereas when Strong came in, you guys actually dumbed down the playbook. The transition was far easier.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Whereas when Strong came in, you guys actually dumbed down the playbook.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

After our coaching change you guys beat us at home on a kickoff return while our win after your change was a blow out, would you say there was a 40 point difference in the situations? We started off the decade you wish to compare at rock bottom of our program which led to you winning twice but within two years we were right back to beating you. As for Frost’s post game wining and temper tantrum it’s widely reported and you can google it as well as I can. Basically Frost didn’t like us running 4 plays and scoring after you were sacked on 4th and long. He asked why Willie didn’t take a knee and Willie said well why didn’t you punt?

I don't think that's tantamount to crying. When the game is won and the time is just about up, teams with a little bit of class don't continue trying to run up the score. Frost being the OC at Oregon for several years probably wasn't used to seeing other teams pulling $h*t like that.

Call it what you will, it's a rivalry game, but what he said wasn't unwarranted. We could have just as easily done the same in 2018 with the game in hand. We had 55 seconds left and could have just as easily ran 4 plays. But Heupel called the game.

3 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I don't think that's tantamount to crying. When the game is won and the time is just about up, teams with a little bit of class don't continue trying to run up the score. Frost being the OC at Oregon for several years probably wasn't used to seeing other teams pulling $h*t like that.

Call it what you will, it's a rivalry game, but what he said wasn't unwarranted. We could have just as easily done the same in 2018 with the game in hand. We had 55 seconds left and could have just as easily ran 4 plays. But Heupel called the game.

It’s not that we ran four times plays we literally ran the ball four times, had you punted on fourth and long we would have taken a knee but if you didn’t want to quit why should you dictate when we do?

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

:rolleyes:

@Meeps since I know I have to explain a lot to you and it takes a while to sink in @Triple B is rolling his eyes at you because @footnfan1is one of you people and not one of us.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s not that we ran four times plays we literally ran the ball four times, had you punted on fourth and long we would have taken a knee but if you didn’t want to quit why should you dictate when we do?

Uhh.. You scored with 11 seconds left on the clock after the game was essentially over and you were up by 10. It was a deliberate move to run up the score. But feel free to justify it however you want.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

@Meeps since I know I have to explain a lot to you and it takes a while to sink in @Triple B is rolling his eyes at you because @footnfan1is one of you people and not one of us.

Puc, I know I have to break down everything for you as well. Like why it's irrelevant who Footnfan1 roots for. He offered an opinion, and I explained in detail why it was an inaccurate one.

I never questioned TripleB's emoji or inquired about it. Paranoid much?