• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record .... (OT drivel from our Kanigit friends)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, SquareKnight said:

There are two very obvious things that you seem to be missing. 

1. You cannot claim that UCF football home games don't make much money just because the overall athletic department "profit" is only $3 million per year. What UCF does is take profit from the football program and use it on other sports. The overall athletic department finances gives you ZERO indication of how profitable football is or is not.

2. You also love to quote reports that are from three seasons ago, with the reduced revenue the year after the worst record the football team ever had since the stadium opened.  When UCF AD Danny White talks about UCF football revenue, he is talking about significantly higher revenue in 2017, even higher revenue in 2018, and 2019 revenue that will be even higher.  

This is the most recent full athletic one available as yet. The Stadium audit is more up to date. The purpose of it is to show there isn't some magic line where items are hiding because it seems to fit nicely into the full athletic audit. 

20 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

You are finally correct on one thing...congrats! 😉

Nothing is hidden.

Looking at the 2016-2017 UCF Athletic Department report that you posted we see...

$7.109 million in contributions, the majority of which comes from the donation required for football season tickets in most of the stadium.

$4.959 million in Game Tickets, the vast majority from football tickets.

That fits in nicely with my 2019 seat by seat analysis of the UCF football season tickets (which are sold out) and the visitors section seats.  We can see that...

- Football ticket revenue for 2019 should be about $4.9 million

- Donation revenue for football (required to purchase season tickets in most sections) should be about $6.25 million.

- The 132 Loge Cabana seats and the 17 Field Cabanas are not included in my calculations yet because I don't know the breakdown (if there is one) between what the ticket price is and what the required donation is.

- The numbers in my calculations above also do not include the Roth Tower Luxury Suite revenue (Approximately $2.0 to $2.4 million per year), since that is a multi-year lease (paid to Stadium Corp) that is not broken out into separate ticket and donation portions.

So, yes...the report you provide actually does directly support the idea that UCF makes a significant amount of revenue from football home games, and indirectly supports the idea that UCF makes a nice profit from home football games. 😎

So in your mind your basketball team, women’s basketball team, baseball, softball and soccer teams are selling zero dollars in tickets?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

No need to bring a sign. W'eve already taken care of that for you.

Note the supporting statement across the bottom of the screen courtesy of ESPN. 

4n5xll2.jpgspacer.png

Ain't Photoshop wonderful ....

🤣🤣 Dude...you're hilarious with the crap you make up!🤣

I have yet to make up one thing. You guys made up that you “make” $4 million dollars a game. I have simply presented all the evidence that this isn’t true. I know it’s hard to understand the facts because you wanted to believe the one time that a columnist wrote it but there is absolutely no math or any type of evidence to support it.

First...try quoting UCF accurately.  The first time UCF AD Danny White talked about it was in December 2018 during the peak of the UCF vs UF scheduling controversy. At that time he said some home games for UCF were making over $2 million per home game, a number which I have proven is accurate and achievable at UCF's 2018 pricing.

Since the revenue issue is directly connected with the scheduling issue, the next time Danny White said anything about it was in the early summer when he said UCF's home game revenue would be "approaching $3 million" by the time any of the potential future games being talked about would actually take place.  If you look at the 2019 pricing and revenue generated, that is also an accurate statement. No one from UCF ever said we make $4 million per game.

Second...you are ABSOLUTELY making things up when you try to claim that my math results in ZERO ticket sales for Basketball, Soccer, Baseball and Softball.  Since this simple concept seems too difficult for you let me explain it veeeerrrryyyyyy slooooooowly and in great detail.

1. We have already established that the 2016 ticket sales numbers from the report you keep posting was from lower attendance after the worst year ever for football since we opened our on campus stadium. 

2. Football ticket revenue in 2016 was also much lower than 2019 because UCF has converted thousands of seats in the stadium to more expensive premium seating, and added other premium seating options since 2016.

3. Therefore, trying to compare the $4.959 million in reported all sports ticket sales from the 2016-2017 sports year to the estimated $4.9 million in football ticket sales in 2019 is just plain silly at best...or disingenuous on your part at worst.

4. In simple terms, the lower football ticket revenue in 2016 leaves plenty of room for ticket revenue from Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Softball…and I’ll even throw in Volleyball since we have good attendance in that sport as well.

You said the ticket sales money was directly related to football sales I was pointing out some probably gets generated from other sports. A fun way to test the $4 million dollar top dollar (not makes or even close to it which we have navigated away from) theory is to insert $24 million dollars into the credit section of the budget and see what number you sum to when you add all of the credits together that can’t even with your mental gymnastics be attributed to the OCS. But the most important thing of this conversation is that UCF doesn’t make $4 million in a year for the entire program much less per game. 

3 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

Just stop with your silliness and ignorance.

1. Why would I insert an additional $24 million into the 2016 budget, since we didn't make $24 million in football revenue that year?!?!?!?!?

2. Why would I insert ANY additional money into the credit line when the report ALREADY shows the football income (not including tower premium suites) from that year?!?!?

1 ) It is 2017 

2) Because I said to take out things like tickets, stadium corp and anything you want to attribute to the stadium (probably unjustly) but when you have to keep student fees, conference payouts, Game Guarantees, Out of State waivers, and a slew of other incomes you cant attribute any part of to the stadium you will see there is no way to get to $24 million

3) This still has nothing to do with the lucrative profitability of the stadium since the debits on all these lines are almost as large

4) You are still profitable so that is an achievement

5) Most of the recent profitability seems to be tied to recent success and when you had the stadium but were going 0-12 you were not profitable

6) If there was any reason to believe that an OCS was in and of itself a huge profit center USF would of course build one

7) It is not and there is not one bit of information that leads us to believe that it is which is why USF hasnt made a huge long term commitment in order to get marginal profits

8 ) Your institution did not build an OCS because they thought it would be extremely profitable they did it because they had no other choice.

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Lets take a live look at Puc 

Image result for arguing with a wall

I actually recognize this and thinks it speaks worse to me that I am trying to argue with a brick wall than his inability to preform cognitive thought but I just can't bring myself to stop. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I actually recognize this and thinks it speaks worse to me that I am trying to argue with a brick wall than his inability to preform cognitive thought but I just can't bring myself to stop. 

Been there man :guinness: