• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

MW is 3rd string QB for the cowboys. If he sucked that bad there are plenty of Qbs who would have been the 3rd string for the cowboys instead. Don't chit on the man trying to make your point. 

I love Mike White and enjoyed watching him at USF and I am a Cowboys fan I just don’t think he is long for this league.  It is early but he was wildly unimpressive in last years preseason.  Jerry drafted him last year so he was not going to cut him right out of the gate.  If I chit on someone just because I had a weak point I would have chronic diarrhea.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um...he didnt slow down the offense at all. The offense went very fast....unfortunately we could never get past 10 yards, but there was nothing slow about the offense. 

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I know right... he never walked through the door saying he would slow down the offense.  They got all that from him saying there may be times when he may need the offense to slow down and take time off the clock.  From that everyone's imagination ran wild. 

Just one of the things some still wildly imagine about Gilbert's 2017 offense ....

34 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

CWT - '16 avg. 48pts/game   CCS - '17 avg. 38pts/game   CCS - '18 avg 28pts/game. 

CWT - '16 avg. 44pts/game   CCS - '17 avg. 38pts/game   CCS - '18 avg 28pts/game.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

White is still made of glass. If he had an offensive line he would have been fine but around pressure he folds. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

10-2 or 11-1......and a most definite beatdown of ucif

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I thought White redshirted, forgot Bench was immediately eligible due to the PSU perversion.  White is a practice squad dummy who has not been activated as of yet and do not think he will ever see any playing time in this league. however I would change places with him in a heartbeat.  You are right we did simply suck , no talent or a game plan but besides that it was a great year.

Nope... Taggart burned his redshirt and he started the Houston game.  He threw for like 300 yards in his first game against Houston and the kid almost got ucf that year in Orlando.  He didn't redshirt until he transferred to WKU.  White threw for over 4k in both years at WKU.  He finished college with over 11k yards passing with 74TDs.  Willie didn''t know how to develop a QB and it showed with both White and Flowers. He's literally the backup, he was last season at Dallas and is one play away from being a starter.  That kid got to WKU and balled outrageous.  He is a legit pro QB, I can't hate on the kid.  He ended up being really good.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

58 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

White is still made of glass. If he had an offensive line he would have been fine but around pressure he folds. 

We started White when he was 6'4 180 pound pole.  He's not that guy anymore.  He was a guy who needed a redshirt.  He ended up being 6'4 222 and didn't miss a game WKU.  He doesn't fold under pressure, he was just in over his head with Taggart at USF.  He wasn't the problem, the problem was our offensive line was atrocious.  What pressure did he fold under?  I mean he wont the SMU game with the two late TD heroics after Flowers failed to guid the offense to a TD.  He wont the Tulsa game with a last second bomb to Dre... I  wouldn't say the kid folded.  maybe you're confusing him with Bench.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone know if Tyrik Jones is on campus?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We started White when he was 6'4 180 pound pole.  He's not that guy anymore.  He was a guy who needed a redshirt.  He ended up being 6'4 222 and didn't miss a game WKU.  He doesn't fold under pressure, he was just in over his head with Taggart at USF.  He wasn't the problem, the problem was our offensive line was atrocious.  What pressure did he fold under?  I mean he wont the SMU game with the two late TD heroics after Flowers failed to guid the offense to a TD.  He wont the Tulsa game with a last second bomb to Dre... I  wouldn't say the kid folded.  maybe you're confusing him with Bench.

Meh- I watched the Cowboys preseason he is still a Bambi out there. In terms of USF where did he fold...maybe a better way of saying it was that he was not a game changer...which he could not be without protection. Sure, he did well at Louisiana Tech but so did Skippy...White is a good CUSA QB. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Willie didn''t know how to develop a QB and it showed with both White and Flowers.

So we're now blaming Willie for Q not being on an NFL roster as a qb?