• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I wouldn't compare Tennessee state to WKU.... While we're talking, WKU beat us in a Bowl game... while we're taking about "inferior conferences and teams"...  Funny, they've won a conference championship before.  So they've beaten us in a Bowl with Flowers at QB, Marlon Mack at RB, Rodney Adams and MVS at WR, they've won a conference championship, and had two straight QBs drafted. 

Battle transferred to a FCS school and he may or may not start.  What happens if he doesn't?  lol

MVS was a redshirt and would have made  the difference in that game.  The  big “O” will start, my connections are saying he is the best thing to happen to Tennessee State since Richard “MVP” Dent.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

MVS was a redshirt and would have made  the difference in that game.  The  big “O” will start, my connections are saying he is the best thing to happen to Tennessee State since Richard “MVP” Dent.  

95... I had  his Jersey as a kid. lol  

Yeah, he probably will.  But I've seen stranger things.  He's also a really talented baseball player so maybe they'll let him dual sport.  We didn't. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I actually didn’t even disagree I just wanted to give you what you wanted 

I wanted you to agree with me ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

26 minutes ago, Calibull said:

95... I had  his Jersey as a kid. lol  

Yeah, he probably will.  But I've seen stranger things.  He's also a really talented baseball player so maybe they'll let him dual sport.  We didn't. 

Who didn't let him?

The last year Battle even shows up in anything related to baseball is 2012. So, yeah, he was apparently an above average 12 year old baseball player. Looks like he was throwing 72 back then... not sure that gets you a roster spot on USF's team.

Edit: I take it back. He hit .200 his freshman year 2015 and didn't play the next 3 years.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

The epic comeback against Tulsa? he ran one in and also hit McCants over the middle for 30 yes on a strike with 20 seconds left to get within Field goal range (or Tyree stepped in front of the defender and bailed him out) either way the comeback was for the ages and the 267 people in attendance will never forget it.  The team singing “lean on me” in the locker room,  who knew that the wheels were getting ready to completely come off the bus, actually we all did we were just hoping they were not as bad as they looked.

That had to be one of the emptiest stadiums I've seen in a college football game. We were definitely lucky to get the W that night.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Did he leave strictly to get immediate PT? I don't remember hearing a reason given. Was disappointed to see him go. Thought he had potential, and that was probably the best depth we've had at that position....

13 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Did he leave strictly to get immediate PT? I don't remember hearing a reason given. Was disappointed to see him go. Thought he had potential, and that was probably the best depth we've had at that position....

We had a long thread on that, nobody knows, may have been playing time, I said grades however all speculation.  I agree that he showed potential and I hated to see him go.

17 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

That had to be one of the emptiest stadiums I've seen in a college football game. We were definitely lucky to get the W that night.

I tried counting them however I started to see double and probably counted a few people twice.  It rained like crazy up until an hour or so before kick off, felt like a high school game atmosphere.  A lot of fun and very lucky, however the luck was bound to and did run out after HC.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Man it would be nice if Roland could become a playmaker on this team. I haven’t seen much out of him to make me believe he can, but it sure would help round out the depth at the WR position 

Sometimes you just have to pick the underdog lol. I was high on him out of HS so hoping he makes a leap from Freshman to Sophomore, it is after all usually the year the biggest jumps occure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

Who didn't let him?

The last year Battle even shows up in anything related to baseball is 2012. So, yeah, he was apparently an above average 12 year old baseball player. Looks like he was throwing 72 back then... not sure that gets you a roster spot on USF's team.

Edit: I take it back. He hit .200 his freshman year 2015 and didn't play the next 3 years.

Us? Why in the hell would we put someone on the roster who hadn't played for 3 years??