• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, Calibull said:

This is his second season at Dallas.  Mike White was a good college QB and he's an very average pro... which is still an amazing college player.  When we have a QB put up back to back 4K seasons talk to me.

I wish I could be a "very average pro", that's pretty good. Like I'd guess top 0.1% or better of players.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I wish I could be a "very average pro", that's pretty good. Like I'd guess top 0.1% or better of players.

I am sure you are a pro at something...😀

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am sure you are a pro at something...😀

Message board sarcasm is my game!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I love Mike White and enjoyed watching him at USF and I am a Cowboys fan I just don’t think he is long for this league.  It is early but he was wildly unimpressive in last years preseason.  Jerry drafted him last year so he was not going to cut him right out of the gate.  If I chit on someone just because I had a weak point I would have chronic diarrhea.

The point is he made an NFL roster. Blake Barnett will have to make significant strides to hang on anywhere after training camp 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Message board sarcasm is my game!

Whats the league minimum for that?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

I'm probably in the minority here, but was not totally convinced by Barnett last year. Tried to take off running after his first read waaaay to often for me. Now that could be down to poor line play but he seemed to be pretty nervous/stiff back there. If he struggles with that again this year, how long before the coaches look to McCloud could bve critical to this season's success.

Also, back to the subject, always hilarious how prediction threads consistently devolve into the 'we're going undefeated' types vs the 'can't possibly make a prediction without seeing how they are in live action' crowd. For me, I lean more to the latter but for chits and giggs I predict a 9-3 with upsets over Wiscy and UCF. Schedule falls nicely for us especially late in the season this year but I still see a Cinci or Memphis loss along with GT and somehow a BYU/Navy in typical USF style. 

Im with you here. I don’t think BB is bad necessarily, but I’m not sold that he’s a difference maker. I understand our OL was shaky to say the least, but there are too many examples of BB getting sloppy with footwork. He was also fooled by pre snap rotation at least twice last year (GT & Illinois). I understand there is reason for optimism (Arrived late in fall, battled injuries) but I’m not super confident we get much more than avg QB play this year. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

CWT - '16 avg. 44pts/game   CCS - '17 avg. 38pts/game   CCS - '18 avg 28pts/game.

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Well that certainly changes my perception.

What it now tells me is that it appears it was easier to replace, from a scoring perspective anyway, the program's historically best running back and wide receiver than it was to replace the program's historically best, although undeveloped, quarterback and an historically top 5 wide receiver ........... I'm sure others won't quite look at it the same way.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What it now tells me is that it appears it was easier to replace, from a scoring perspective anyway, the program's historically best running back and wide receiver than it was to replace the program's historically best, although undeveloped, quarterback and an historically top 5 wide receiver ........... I'm sure others won't quite look at it the same way.

04280EE3-E764-41E2-B46B-4C1FADC98E59.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

04280EE3-E764-41E2-B46B-4C1FADC98E59.png

I prefer this one .....

spacer.png

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Im with you here. I don’t think BB is bad necessarily, but I’m not sold that he’s a difference maker. I understand our OL was shaky to say the least, but there are too many examples of BB getting sloppy with footwork. He was also fooled by pre snap rotation at least twice last year (GT & Illinois). I understand there is reason for optimism (Arrived late in fall, battled injuries) but I’m not super confident we get much more than avg QB play this year. 

I don’t think any of us are sold on him however those were the first 2 live games he started in 3-4 years.  He did not really progress throughout the year and I can’t decipher if it was injuries, predictable play calling or he just is not that good.  Hoping Bell can get the most out of him, whatever that may be.