• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

sometimes u can sneak in, other times u cannot, depends on who is at the door.  Typically not that difficult to scope out first.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, PingBull said:

sometimes u can sneak in, other times u cannot, depends on who is at the door.  Typically not that difficult to scope out first.

This is the truth.  For a few years, I sat 3 rows in front of the club door at 208-209.  It was all based on who was at the working the door that game.  Some checked; some did not.  One guy treated it like a night club and let in friends and attractive ladies whether they had access or not.  Many times (during heat and rain) the ushers were simply overwhelmed and just gave up and let everybody in.  I hate to say it, but I fully understand.   The person working the door is paid to be an usher, not a security guard.  If it was me working the door, I'm not going to get in a fight with belligerent drunk guy twice my size over entrance to the club.  

I understand what USF is trying to do by offering club access at a premium for certain sections, but it creates a logistical nightmare where ushers must be trusted to be club door security.  At the bucs game, it is simple:  you either sit in the club section and have access OR you sit in non-club section and have no club access.  The club section at a Bucs game is partitioned off, and fans can't go from club to non-club sections and vice versa.  This means that there is no reason for the people at the door to have to check tickets and be security guards.  With a USF game it is very hard to enforce the club entry rules.  I've been at games where it rains and there is a mass exodus to the club (to get out of the rain).  The backup extends down the steps to the point where fans sitting on the aisle can't see the game.  At this point, the usher at the door becomes so overwhelmed with checking tickets, so he just lets everyone in.   The phone tickets have made it more of a hassle.

I have just accepted that the premium I am paying for club access is just another donation to the University.  Club access is not a privilege for paying customers--anyone who wants to get into the club can get in with just a little perseverance.  

Edited by MaltLiquorBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

While entry into the Club Lounge is a nice perk, it is more how it is being handled that bugs me.  I'm a donor and was, until recently moving out of state, a multi-sport season ticket holder.  I have also worked actively in the Bulls Club and USF general fundraising.  Yet somehow I could not arrange club access at the UF game on tickets in the Club section purchased through the school for well over $100.  With all the high-tech digital tix they couldn't coordinate that little perk?  Oh well.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, SilverBull said:

While entry into the Club Lounge is a nice perk, it is more how it is being handled that bugs me.  I'm a donor and was, until recently moving out of state, a multi-sport season ticket holder.  I have also worked actively in the Bulls Club and USF general fundraising.  Yet somehow I could not arrange club access at the UF game on tickets in the Club section purchased through the school for well over $100.  With all the high-tech digital tix they couldn't coordinate that little perk?  Oh well.

I bought a couple in 214 for a friend and they had access.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

There must be a way to add the access after the fact. 214 isn't a Club Access section but my tix there do say Club on them because of donor level. A friend with season tix with us didn't have Club on his, despite him also being at a donor level to receive it, but they were able to add the access somewhere on them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

13 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I have just accepted that the premium I am paying for club access is just another donation to the University.  Club access is not a privilege for paying customers--anyone who wants to get into the club can get in with just a little perseverance.  

Our door guy was checking last game so the way I look at it is my donation level has a perk of Club Access ....

17 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Our friends sit in 214. Don't know what the seat donation for each seat is, but they 4 seats and get Club Access.  Where is @John Lewis? You're our only hope to 'splain this.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Our friends sit in 214. Don't know what the seat donation for each seat is, but they 4 seats and get Club Access.  Where is @John Lewis? You're our only hope to 'splain this.

I was told you have to have season tix, which I no longer do.  I just think it could be coordinated to provide access for donors at whatever is the minimum level established.   That said, I'm pretty much ready to move on.

10 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I was told you have to have season tix, which I no longer do.  I just think it could be coordinated to provide access for donors at whatever is the minimum level established.   That said, I'm pretty much ready to move on.

Next time have me pick up tickets for you.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

There must be a way to add the access after the fact. 214 isn't a Club Access section but my tix there do say Club on them because of donor level. A friend with season tix with us didn't have Club on his, despite him also being at a donor level to receive it, but they were able to add the access somewhere on them.

I know people that sit in that section and have for years that have Club Access.   Maybe grandfathered in?  Maybe donor level?  Not sure