• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Certain sections and certain Bulls Club levels and only USF-gear-wearing fans!

A-*******-men

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

I moved my seats this off season. I went from 215 to 207, moving up one level. I made the decision that most of my Bulls Club money is based on keeping my basketball seats because I can afford awesome basketball seats, while for football, I can't afford the best seats, so I worry less about them. 

Last year they fought overcrowding in the West Club. For Ga Tech, you couldn't move in there. It really was very uncomfortable. I will share with everyone here the worst kept secret that dates back to 1998. TSA ushers do a very poor job correctly identifying who should and shouldn't be in the club. One game last year, the usher at the top of my section would let anyone into the lounge, but you could only exit the lounge if you have the club access markings on your tickets. Think about that logic for a minute. 

I used to personally go to usher meetings before each game (for a year or two to try to solve this problem) where I discussed who should and shouldn't have access. We made cheat sheets. It never mattered. They always got it wrong. The problem is if you have 10 doors to the club, and 9 good ushers, it just takes one bad usher to ruin it. And it makes fans angry, "what do you mean I can't go to the bathroom, I went up there last game?" 

It is a tough battle that has no good answer, short of a scanning for access program where the bar code on your ticket determines if you belong or not. 

$1000 (Green Bull) and up, have always gotten in, and that is still the case (that is how I get in, thanks to donations I make that have nothing to do with my football seats). 

My biggest complaint is that fans need to know what doors will be open and who has access when making their purchase/renewal. It's not fair to change without notice and mid season. I made that argument to Athletics last season, and they were responsive and fair. They are people working hard to do what is best, just sometimes you have to share with them how a policy impacts you. 

Sadly, the whole problem would have been fixed if the stadium was designed with a walkway between the top row of the club seats and the club lounge, but you can't go back in time now. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,438
  • Days Won:  19

A gratuitous extra donation (think tipping the maître d' or the doorman) is always an option to get in the "cool kids" club.  At certain donor levels-- say if you pay off the remaining cost of the IPF -- you can probably be invited into the AD's suite, sit in his lap and he'll lovingly stroke your hair during the game.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, Boomer said:

Is it possible that they've always donated more than $1,000?  I asked if USF was still making that exception in an earlier post but now reading the fine print in Trip's posted image, I see the following quote (and it's been there for years):

"If seated in a non-club area, Green Bull donors ($1,000 +) will receive club access"

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm in 214 and it's never been automatic Club access. Always had to be at $1000 level or above to get it ...

Thanks. I'm sure that he is donating at that level because he's been in those seats forever.  Believe he is one of those people who have had season tix since the beginning.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

qcawpe45tgcx.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Brad said:

qcawpe45tgcx.jpg

We did?

• Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,556
  • Days Won:  29

My group sits in 240 and one game last season they locked the doors to the club( and remember they did to a few doors). No access in or out.

I bought these seats to be close to friends and easy access to drinks and bathroom. 

Also believe it's a fire hazard to lock doors. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

On 6/12/2019 at 8:23 AM, CousinRicky said:

This is very interesting. We have friends who have seats in 214 and have always had Club Access.  Don't know if that is because of Donor Level or if that section had been included in the past. But it doesn't appear to be included now. Will have to have him check into it.

That section has never been an automatic Club Access section. Your friends are contributing at the $1,000 at minimum and that provides access to the Club if the section doesn't automatically provide it.

22 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I will share with everyone here the worst kept secret that dates back to 1998. TSA ushers do a very poor job correctly identifying who should and shouldn't be in the club. One game last year, the usher at the top of my section would let anyone into the lounge, but you could only exit the lounge if you have the club access markings on your tickets. Think about that logic for a minute. 

The ushers are going to have an easier time knowing who will have Club Access this season, so there should not be the issues of the past.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 11:16 PM, Triple B said:

I'm sure John will weigh in but I would be absolutely stunned if they allowed you to renew in a section that had Club access and then remove the access at this point. Here's the season tix map. What section did you renew in that no longer has Club access?

image.png.3885b2ab0ea100e8cc64d24ed9908123.png

My assumption is that hightechbull is sitting within sections 134, 137, 233, or 238. The decision was made to lower the cost of tickets in those sections in order to increase sales in those areas.

The prices were also lowered in sections 135, 136, and 234-237 for the same reason. For example, had we continued with the same map from 2018, then sections 134, 137, 233, and 238 would have been $492/$530.