• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Host Shockers In Important Weekend Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So mediocre is good?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

And all 9 of them have done with way more with more advantages, done way more with the same advantages, or done equal to or more than us with less.

You can drop the UT act, though. Tampa isn't beating us out for anyone. UT's best team ever wouldn't get out an NCAA regional. It's not even a debate. 

Come on.  We're just bellyaching to bellyache here.  Other than FSU, UF, or UM, none of the D-1 programs have vastly outperformed us overall and we have no reason to claim to be a far greater destination than them.  They have the same "advantages" that we have overall.

And I just threw the UT thing in as an afterthought, but their overall ability to make an NCAA regional or not doesn't preclude the idea that they have attracted some very good local talent because of the quality of their D-2 program and there have been years when they absolutely could have competed for a berth albeit a long shot.

7 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

So mediocre is good?

No, it's mediocre ..... just not "bad"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

25 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And all 9 of them have done with way more with more advantages, done way more with the same advantages, or done equal to or more than us with less.

You can drop the UT act, though. Tampa isn't beating us out for anyone. UT's best team ever wouldn't get out an NCAA regional. It's not even a debate. 

Pretty sure their SS transferred from USF.  That's a whole other story.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

22 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

No, it's mediocre ..... just not "bad"

When did I say we were bad?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure their SS transferred from USF.  That's a whole other story.

Absolutely. And they will always get transfers home from other schools who don’t want to sit out. And if they choose to offer a kid a 100% scholarship and he needs the money, they might get him away from our offer of 25%. But if you think a kid is picking UT over USF out of high school with money being equal, I disagree.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I guess my question is “ SHOULD” Stetson, FGU, etc. be just as good as us? I am not buying that they should. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Absolutely. And they will always get transfers home from other schools who don’t want to sit out. And if they choose to offer a kid a 100% scholarship and he needs the money, they might get him away from our offer of 25%. But if you think a kid is picking UT over USF out of high school with money being equal, I disagree.

There is a whole backstory to this particular one.  I'll PM you.

12 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

When did I say we were bad?

Didn't say you did.  Not good usually refers to bad and I was just giving my thought.  I think we are average aka mediocre.

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess my question is “ SHOULD” Stetson, FGU, etc. be just as good as us? I am not buying that they should. 

Why?  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

UT currently has 9 D1 transfers on their roster. That's their bread and butter. Kids with experience at a higher level who left for any number of reasons (wanted more scholarship money, playing times, location. etc.) and came home to play for a year or two without sitting out. It's a formula that has worked very well for them, but they aren't beating out division 1 programs for these guys out of high school.

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Our recruiting has changed in recent years, but they have signed some guys over the years that surely could have played at USF and other D-1 schools.