• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Host Shockers In Important Weekend Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I never said we have more access at all. Do you realize how much talent comes out of this state? Yes I do How is it that Stetson is able to make a stronger run in post season play than we are? They were a little better/hotter at the right time We surely would have more access to talent than them Why? as well as a better facility Maybe, maybe not. I also never said he wasn’t a strong fit at the time but it doesn’t seem like much was done into finding someone. It’s not like his resume was that impressive. He had success as a pitching coach, there has to be a first HC gig sometime It matters that we’re not in that tournament because we’re literally the only team, and it’s embarrassing when it’s at a facility that’s closer for us than any other school. So it would be less "embarrassing" if the tourney was in Hartford?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

We have more money and ready in a better conference, we most certainly should have better access and look like a more attentive school to recruits than Stetson. I can also assure you our facilities are better. Yes, Mohl has to get his first gig somewhere, preferably at a smaller school I help build his resumé. Again, never said he should be fired, just don’t know if it’s the right fit yet. If it works out, wonderful but he still needs to prove he can win with his talent. 

Stetson's 23-29 this year ... just saying .... 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Web Link:  http://bit.ly/2w1VQyd 

Bulls Nearly Come Back Late in Loss to Shockers

Tyler Dietrich had a career high three hits

TAMPA, FLA., May 16, 2019 – Trailing, 7-2, in the eighth, the USF baseball team scored four runs to make it 7-6, but the comeback fell short in Thursday’s loss to Wichita St.

The Bulls (25-26, 7-15 The American) fell behind in the middle innings, as a five-run fifth from the Shockers (25-28, 8-14 The American) was sandwiched between scoring frames to make it 7-2.

A pair of leadoff walks in the eighth got something going for USF. With the bases loaded and on out, a Tyler Dietrich (Naples, Fla.) single scored two. Two batters later, Kyle Phillips (Orlando) doubled to right, scoring two more, making it 7-6. USF had the tying run on base in the ninth, but could not complete the comeback.

Dylan Burns (Vero Beach, Fla.) tossed the final two innings, allowing just one hit for his first career save.

Key Stats

3 – Dietrich had a career high three hits, going 3-for-4 with two runs and two RBI.
3.2 – The bullpen of Logan Lyle (Bartow, Fla.), Pat Doudican (Wall, N.J.) and Dylan Burns (Vero Beach, Fla.) combined to pitch the final 3.2 innings, allowing just one hit with five strikeouts.

Nota-Bulls

• Phillips finished with three RBI.
  • USF still controls its own destiny, needing to win the next two games to secure a spot in the American Athletic Conference Baseball Championships next week in Clearwater.

Up Next

The Bulls and Shockers play game two Friday at 6:30 p.m. Righty Collin Sullivan (Randolph, Mass.) will be on the mound for USF.   

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

True I don’t think there’s any need for the pitchfork type of mentality but even last year with how well we did ( I still feel like we should have either hosted a regional or won the Deland one) I remember Mohl making questionable decisions, like how long he would keep a pitcher in. I just don’t think it was a good hire. I think Harlan put VERY little effort into finding the right fit. Sometimes things just don’t work out. 

Dont know if Harlan put alot of work in finding the right fit or not.

But brings up an interesting question.  Wasnt he halfway out the door at that point?

Do or die for the boys now.  Win stay alive!  Lose go home!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

This team stinks

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

But brings up an interesting question.  Wasnt he halfway out the door at that point?

Kingston was a Harlan hire. Mohl was brought in by Kingston and the pitching staff performed well for the most part under him.  When Kingston made the jump to USC, it was perfectly logical to make the move to Mohl and continue what we had going at that time and I doubt it mattered how many feet Harlan had out the door when the hire was made.   We really have no idea at this point whether this is simply a down year/bump in the road or the start of a trend.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Kingston was a Harlan hire. Mohl was brought in by Kingston and the pitching staff performed well for the most part under him.  When Kingston made the jump to USC, it was perfectly logical to make the move to Mohl and continue what we had going at that time and I doubt it mattered how many feet Harlan had out the door when the hire was made.   We really have no idea at this point whether this is simply a down year/bump in the road or the start of a trend.

Although we have had down years, in terms of conference standing/play this is the lowest I can remember. It seems more than just a regular down year. Anyone know how this stacks up with other bad years? 

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Although we have had down years, in terms of conference standing/play this is the lowest I can remember. It seems more than just a regular down year. Anyone know how this stacks up with other bad years? 

https://gousfbulls.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=211