• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Host Shockers In Important Weekend Series

Guest Jonesy Bull

I can't see him getting let go after one bad season either way.  The season hasn't even finished out, maybe we make a run (hehe).

He gets another year regardless (unless there are other issues we are not aware of).

Guest Jonesy Bull

Also, he can definitely point to unforeseen unfortunate injuries this year (especially to the pitching staff).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

This is more of a seat warming year. But series win this weekend and a decent showing in Clearwater can change everything. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

I doubt Muhl will be fired after this season or even looked at. However if he has another bad season next year (misses the AAC tourney) then Kelly might pull the plug on him. Also did Kelly hire Muhl or was that a Harlan hire?

Harlan

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

50 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm thinking he at least gets looked at.  VPofA Kelley has said that he'll examine each sport at the end of their season.  He can't be impressed with what has happened.  But I have no idea what his contract looks like and whether it would be expensive (can't believe it is too much) to get out of it.  

He's been the HC for 2 seasons.  He was 36-22-1 (and a conference semifinalist) and made the NCAA tourney in season 1.  In season 2, after losing his top 2 pitchers (3 if you want to throw in Perez) and arguably his top 2 hitters plus suffering some additional injuries that effected the pitching depth, he has had a less than desirable 2nd season (25-25, 7-14 in conference).  He is however, 5-4 in the past 3 conference series with a better than average shot at winning the final series of the season this weekend.  They can look at him after the season, as they should, but he should be back unless there is some major underlying issues that we are unaware of.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

He's been the HC for 2 seasons.  He was 36-22-1 (and a conference semifinalist) and made the NCAA tourney in season 1.  In season 2, after losing his top 2 pitchers (3 if you want to throw in Perez) and arguably his top 2 hitters plus suffering some additional injuries that effected the pitching depth, he has had a less than desirable 2nd season (25-25, 7-14 in conference).  He is however, 5-4 in the past 3 conference series with a better than average shot at winning the final series of the season this weekend.  They can look at him after the season, as they should, but he should be back unless there is some major underlying issues that we are unaware of.

Agree with you. Was just saying that all the programs will get looked at.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Dude ain’t going anywhere after only two years and making the tourney last year. But if he violation the bed next year...he gone...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

I’m gonna listen on USFBullsUnlimited as soon as I get to the car....

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

JK is on hand for the series opener.