• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Host Shockers In Important Weekend Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Wichita state strikes first. top 4th 1-0

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

They struck early and often, now 6-1 Shockers.  Top 5.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm thinking he at least gets looked at.  VPofA Kelley has said that he'll examine each sport at the end of their season.  He can't be impressed with what has happened.  But I have no idea what his contract looks like and whether it would be expensive (can't believe it is too much) to get out of it.  

I had always questioned the hire, and I don’t mean that to just talk bad about him. He knew our played which is good, and it seems like he’s had some bad luck go his way this season, but baseball is the one sport we should be consistently good at being in Florida. The amount of talent in this state is mind blowing and for us to not even (possibly) be in the conference tournament is inexcusable. Someone mentioned on here that we had a good chance of winning this series or something like that. It doesn’t appear that way at all. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I had always questioned the hire, and I don’t mean that to just talk bad about him. He knew our played which is good, and it seems like he’s had some bad luck go his way this season, but baseball is the one sport we should be consistently good at being in Florida. The amount of talent in this state is mind blowing and for us to not even (possibly) be in the conference tournament is inexcusable. Someone mentioned on here that we had a good chance of winning this series or something like that. It doesn’t appear that way at all. 

This is what I have preached for years. We should be good every year. This program is one of the oldest for the university with success in getting in the tourney. Better produce next year or there will be a coaching change. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

If we are the lone AAC team that doesn't qualify for the AAC tournament (which we host), Mohl should be canned.

I did not like the hire from the start. Was very poor choice not to look at candidates from other colleges.

Injuries are not an excuse. Mohl's recruiting is poor also!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

If we are the lone AAC team that doesn't qualify for the AAC tournament (which we host), Mohl should be canned.

I did not like the hire from the start. Was very poor choice not to look at candidates from other colleges.

Injuries are not an excuse. Mohl's recruiting is poor also!

I can’t disagree with this. 

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This is what I have preached for years. We should be good every year. This program is one of the oldest for the university with success in getting in the tourney. Better produce next year or there will be a coaching change. 

Even if we aren’t good we should at least be mediocre. We’re not. The tournament is in our own back yard and we’re the only team that doesn’t make it?  This series isn’t over and I’m hoping we pull through but the fact that it’s even a possibility is not good. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

7-2 Shockers TOP 6TH, 1 OUT

Guest Jonesy Bull

I did think we would show more fight tonight.  But even with likely loss.....winning 2 in a row in baseball happens all the time.  Not over yet.  Lets see how series plays out before bringing out the pitch forks.

That said, this current coach does not give me the "warm fuzzies".