• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Host Shockers In Important Weekend Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls with a rally in the 8th. Trail 7-6 in b8 with 2 outs and runner on 2nd

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  0

How does our Pitching staff have SIX Hit Batters tonight? 

I thought Mohl was such a good Pitching coach. Brutal! 

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

45 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I did think we would show more fight tonight.  But even with likely loss.....winning 2 in a row in baseball happens all the time.  Not over yet.  Lets see how series plays out before bringing out the pitch forks.

That said, this current coach does not give me the "warm fuzzies".

True I don’t think there’s any need for the pitchfork type of mentality but even last year with how well we did ( I still feel like we should have either hosted a regional or won the Deland one) I remember Mohl making questionable decisions, like how long he would keep a pitcher in. I just don’t think it was a good hire. I think Harlan put VERY little effort into finding the right fit. Sometimes things just don’t work out. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Mohl is 61-47-1 as our HC.   Why should he be "canned" again?   Still haven't figured out why "we should be good at baseball every year"?  We're not the only college in the state.  We're competing for talent with UF, FSU, UM, and the rest of the D-1 schools in the state PLUS with top D-1 schools from around the country.

8 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

How does our Pitching staff have SIX Hit Batters tonight? 

I thought Mohl was such a good Pitching coach. Brutal! 

Yeah, he should have probably worked on that at some point ..... 

GEnord gets hit by pitch.  Tying run on, winning run to the plate

6 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Mohl is 61-47-1 as our HC.   Why should he be "canned" again?   Still haven't figured out why "we should be good at baseball every year"?  We're not the only college in the state.  We're competing for talent with UF, FSU, UM, and the rest of the D-1 schools in the state PLUS with top D-1 schools from around the country.

And a lot of those other schools are doing better than us. Another one of those “what do we have to show for this” cases like football. We should be good every year because of the amount of talent we have access to. Last year had a ton of Kingston’s players. This year has a few but we’ve not done that great. I mean come on, the only team in the conference that may not make the tournament, when it’s in Clearwater for crying out loud?  That’s embarrassing. I never once said he needs to go and I don’t believe anyone on here has either in this thread. I simply asked if he’d be looked at because he needs to be. I don’t think there’s much refuting the fact that it doesn’t seem much was done in looking deeply for a strong fit for the program. I hope I’m wrong and I hope next year is much better. 

Why wasn't he a "strong" fit?  Why do we have more access to that talent you mention than the other 9 D-1 programs in Florida (not to mention all the other programs throughout the southeast and the country)?  What does the tourney being in Clearwater have to do with anything?  I have no idea of Mohl is going to be a good HC in the long run, but how in the hell do we know he's not after a .500 season, and after a very good first season.

Edited by chapelbull

And Chatfield and Shrepf strikeout to end the game......

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Why wasn't he a "strong" fit?  Why do we have more access to that talent you mention than the other 9 D-1 programs in Florida?  What does the tourney being in Clearwater have to do with anything?  I have no idea of Mohl is going to be a good HC in the long run, but how in the hell do we know he's not after a .500 season, and after a very good first season.

I never said we have more access at all. Do you realize how much talent comes out of this state? How is it that Stetson is able to make a stronger run in post season play than we are? We surely would have more access to talent than them as well as a better facility. I also never said he wasn’t a strong fit at the time but it doesn’t seem like much was done into finding someone. It’s not like his resume was that impressive. It matters that we’re not in that tournament because we’re literally the only team, and it’s embarrassing when it’s at a facility that’s closer for us than any other school.