• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Host Shockers In Important Weekend Series

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

UT currently has 9 D1 transfers on their roster. That's their bread and butter. Kids with experience at a higher level who left for any number of reasons (wanted more scholarship money, playing times, location. etc.) and came home to play for a year or two without sitting out. It's a formula that has worked very well for them, but they aren't beating out division 1 programs for these guys out of high school.

For sure, but as I said it was an after thought.  We could also mention the dudes that go to JuCo instead of a making a 4 year commitment.  Point is saying we are in Florida, have a nice facility, and such is not a reason for us to be head and shoulders above the rest of the state

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

22 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure their SS transferred from USF.  That's a whole other story.

Is USF not listed as his previous college?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I guess my question is “ SHOULD” Stetson, FGU, etc. be just as good as us? I am not buying that they should. 

The argument for why they shouldn't comes down to money in the program and competition. If you believe UF, FSU, Miami have inherent advantages not because of access to talent (if you say we all have that same access), but because of playing in the SEC and ACC, then you could make a watered down argument that playing in the Big East and AAC gives us more money and better competition than what FGCU, FAMU, BCC, FAU, Stetson, and FIU have. That was the doing "less with more" comment I made.

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

For sure, but as I said it was an after thought.  We could also mention the dudes that go to JuCo instead of a making a 4 year commitment.  Point is saying we are in Florida, have a nice facility, and such is not a reason for us to be head and shoulders above the rest of the state

Agreed. But I think overall, we have less to offer than Miami, FSU, UF. Equal to UCF. More than FAU, FIU, FAMU, BCC, Stetson. 

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

There is a whole backstory to this particular one.  I'll PM you.

I'm trying to guess who this one is, there's no one on the roster listing us as a previous school. Which I guess would make sense if he left after the fall and before the season technically began.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Didn't say you did.  Not good usually refers to bad and I was just giving my thought.  I think we are average aka mediocre.

Why?  

Based on volume of good to very good players available in the state (as I understand it is a lot), how does a stetson, fgu, Coastal Carolina, etc. get better players? If they have better facilities then this tells me administration has dropped the ball. if they have better coaching, then again the ADs need to do better. if it is not understanding the talent then coach has to do a better job. Just siting back and doing nothing is pretty inexcusable relative to the work of the other Olympic programs at USF. Baseball is a meh at best.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Coastal Carolina

They have three players form FL and one is  a JUCO kid who spent some time at USF. They also recently won  a CWS with only three players from Florida. 

USF's baseball facilities have been upgraded substantially (thank you Lelo Prado). 

Coastal Carolina had one really good run behind some great pitching and a hot streak. 

Those other guys aren't outperforming us year in and year out.  

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

They have three players form FL and one is  a JUCO kid who spent some time at USF. They also recently won  a CWS with only three players from Florida. 

Wow! I did not know that they had some FL players. I guess I just don't get baseball recruiting....

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wow! I did not know that they had some FL players. I guess I just don't get baseball recruiting....

I've stated that several times.  Florida having a lot of talent isn't some kind of secret.  And there are some pretty good ballplayers in other parts of the country (including the Carolinas).   Who would have thunk it?