• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Merryl Lynch Logo is dead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

You feel 650,000 thousand people complained about the logo? Or even for basketball 105,000 people?

I don’t know how many people complained/whined about it.  I didn’t care for it and never understood why the need for two.  The iconic U is stellar in my opinion.

Just wishful thinking that the complainers would attend and write checks.  Alas, the vast majority will not do either.  Easier to whine.  I refer to these folks as social media activists and Facebook warriors.  Easy to type on a keyboard, much tougher to move the body.

Go Bulls!

8 hours ago, BullTime said:

Not a fan of the new logo.  I am a season ticket holder in football; soon to be season ticket holder in MBB; attend tennis, baseball, and softball games.  Donated $ to sports and education side of USF.  I have USF in my will.  How is that for passion?

I appreciate your efforts and fortitude.  Thank you and Go Bulls!

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

I too don't know who is to blame but in the real world if you go out of your way to make an unnecessary millions of dollars mistake that only lasts a year the least you can do is resign before you have to be fired. Like you I doubt anyone that was tangibly instrumental in our academic success decided to create a passion project to rebrand our logo in a ridiculous fashion with a solution in search of a problem.

Why the need to blame someone or a group?  Blame them for what? 

An idea by what I assume was a group of people was made and put into action.  It didn’t work and the decision seems to have been made to move on.  

Our society has turned into victims, finding someone to blame and asking “why” is seen as negative.

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

I too don't know who is to blame but in the real world if you go out of your way to make an unnecessary millions of dollars mistake that only lasts a year the least you can do is resign before you have to be fired. Like you I doubt anyone that was tangibly instrumental in our academic success decided to create a passion project to rebrand our logo in a ridiculous fashion with a solution in search of a problem.

I was a supervisor of the testing program at HCC years ago.  One of my workers believed that she could come in anytime she felt like it, disappear without notice leaving her work for others, etc.  I documented, counseled, tried to work with her but to no avail.  I took my documentation to my Dean and told him I wanted to start the disciplinary steps.  He laughed (for real) at me and told me that wouldn't be occurring.  I left not long after that.  There is an aversion to accountability in the artificial world of the University system.  If there were real supervisors with real support and authority, we could achieve great things.  Good employees want to do good work.  The whole culture needs to be changed.  Oh, BTW, that poor employee is in management now at HCC.

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Why the need to blame someone or a group?  Blame them for what? 

An idea by what I assume was a group of people was made and put into action.  It didn’t work and the decision seems to have been made to move on.  

Our society has turned into victims, finding someone to blame and asking “why” is seen as negative.

Go Bulls!

I understand, Bausfkid, but this was more than the local gardening club putting plants in the wrong location.  The negative effects of "a group" project like this are financial, university reputation, and community goodwill.  At this juncture of our university's life, we don't need handle ourselves like Central State to our Northeast.  I don't want to see anyone fired (unless that is called for), but I would like to know as a supporter of our university that "fkups" like these have been addressed and won't happen again.

This was a pretty big Oopsy.

• Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

Good news!  The old academic logo was great though.

52 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I understand, Bausfkid, but this was more than the local gardening club putting plants in the wrong location.  The negative effects of "a group" project like this are financial, university reputation, and community goodwill.  At this juncture of our university's life, we don't need handle ourselves like Central State to our Northeast.  I don't want to see anyone fired (unless that is called for), but I would like to know as a supporter of our university that "fkups" like these have been addressed and won't happen again.

This was a pretty big Oopsy.

Every USF decision starts and ends with DJG.  Seems she listened and responded.  

Time to move on.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Every USF decision starts and ends with DJG.  Seems she listened and responded.  

Time to move on.  

Dame Judy Genshaft?

If you wish.