• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Merryl Lynch Logo is dead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

So glad. It was bitter sweet to see the USF brand in the corner of the Lightning’s ice during their season. Now I hope we haven’t confused the rest of the country.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

At this juncture of our university's life, we don't need handle ourselves like Central State to our Northeast. 

We sure have tried, convincing ourselves to be USF and not South Florida.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Our new President understands the marketing value of a successful athletics program. The U is the identity of the University 

wordmark-preeminent-green.png

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I don’t know how many people complained/whined about it.  I didn’t care for it and never understood why the need for two.  The iconic U is stellar in my opinion.

Just wishful thinking that the complainers would attend and write checks.  Alas, the vast majority will not do either.  Easier to whine.  I refer to these folks as social media activists and Facebook warriors.  Easy to type on a keyboard, much tougher to move the body.

Go Bulls!

And yet far more people seem to show up at events than complain about the logos, the numbers of people that do both is probably sizable and since it’s an academic logo and not an athletic one it’s conceivable that there could be people concerned with the university, concerned with the logo and not concerned with athletics.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Why the need to blame someone or a group?  Blame them for what? 

An idea by what I assume was a group of people was made and put into action.  It didn’t work and the decision seems to have been made to move on.  

Our society has turned into victims, finding someone to blame and asking “why” is seen as negative.

Go Bulls!

Because they wasted a bunch of money and time creating a problem, they had ample opportunity to pivot from the decision in the face of the negative blow back, they doubled down on their decision continuing to waste more money and then once they had mostly completed their rebrand they bowed to the original criticism and counter solution (even though the reaction has not strengthened). When you go out of your way to waste money and alienate your customer base you don’t get credit for then fixing the problem you created.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

So glad. It was bitter sweet to see the USF brand in the corner of the Lightning’s ice during their season. Now I hope we haven’t confused the rest of the country.

Highly doubt anyone outside USF realize that abomination was USF. 

Now with the correct logo everybody will recognize the iconic U.

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Now with the correct logo everybody will recognize the iconic U.

Or as the administrators refer to it:

Does this new logo apply to USF Athletics?
No. USF Athletics will continue to use the Bull U logo. The new logo is for academics only.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

that's a W! tradition over ambition

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

9 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Just wishful thinking that the complainers would attend and write checks.  Alas, the vast majority will not do either.  Easier to whine.  I refer to these folks as social media activists and Facebook warriors.  Easy to type on a keyboard, much tougher to move the body.

Go Bulls!

Let's try to remember that not everyone is as financially blessed as some of us.  If 40% of American households were presented with an unexpected bill of $400, they would have to borrow money or sell something.  I get your point (If everyone who could would we would be much better off).  But many people who truly care about our program can't afford to attend and write checks.  Some of them may be on our board and I'll listen to their complaining same as anyone else's.   I guess it is up to us to put a winning product on the field.  Build it and they will come.

• Upvote 1