• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Merryl Lynch Logo is dead

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

31 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Let's try to remember that not everyone is as financially blessed as some of us.  If 40% of American households were presented with an unexpected bill of $400, they would have to borrow money or sell something.  I get your point (If everyone who could would we would be much better off).  But many people who truly care about our program can't afford to attend and write checks.  Some of them may be on our board and I'll listen to their complaining same as anyone else's.   I guess it is up to us to put a winning product on the field.  Build it and they will come.

Correct GD.  Historically those who whine the most do the least.

I was in Philly today at an AAU Tourney and had two people approach me to discuss USF.  I have on a shirt with the iconic U.  This is clearly our logo and should not be modified.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Let's try to remember that not everyone is as financially blessed as some of us. .....  But many people who truly care about our program can't afford to attend and write checks. 

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Correct GD.  Historically those who whine the most do the least.

I was going to let your complaining about people who complain online slide until you threw out this gem essentially conflating poor people with whiners.  Which not only looks like a precursor to a 'people need to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps' rant but is also a thinly veiled attack on the very people who complained about the logo long enough to help get rid of it.

Truth is you have literally no idea how many people complained online and no idea what percentage of them are already ticket holders/otherwise active in the fanbase.  So stop trying to inject your own commentary about lazy online commenters, 'victim culture', and poor people who 'do the least'.

Ok everyone else, back to celebrating....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

Thought these were interesting reads.

From the marketing company’s website that developed the logo;

https://spark.us/news/brand-new-reviews-usf-rebrand/

Detailed review from Brand New which seems to be a branding trade publication:

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_identity_for_university_of_south_florida_by_spark.php

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Let's try to remember that not everyone is as financially blessed as some of us.  If 40% of American households were presented with an unexpected bill of $400, they would have to borrow money or sell something.  I get your point (If everyone who could would we would be much better off).  But many people who truly care about our program can't afford to attend and write checks.  Some of them may be on our board and I'll listen to their complaining same as anyone else's.   I guess it is up to us to put a winning product on the field.  Build it and they will come.

The $400 bill can easily be avoided by someone who truly cares about the program and wants to help. I undrstand that some may not be able to get season tix for financial and/or time factors but you can help support the program for as little $10 a month. There’s really no reason why someone on this board isn’t a Bulls Club member. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

I’m willing to bet that 💯 of people that care absolutely nothing about our school or have probably never even heard of it contribute absolutely nothing to our program and probably never visit a USF message board or make a single complaint about anything regarding our school up to and including the logo change. The move was tone deaf, the move was a huge waste of money and it was an unforced error which unfortunately was only recognized by the university at the tail end of transition. Maybe if we stopped firing coaches for being successful and having to pay their buyouts or lawsuits and stopped paying for color changes, rebranding and feasibility studies we wouldn’t have to keep donating for results that are lacking. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Is there any source outside of twitter? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

I was going to let your complaining about people who complain online slide until you threw out this gem essentially conflating poor people with whiners.  Which not only looks like a precursor to a 'people need to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps' rant but is also a thinly veiled attack on the very people who complained about the logo long enough to help get rid of it.

Truth is you have literally no idea how many people complained online and no idea what percentage of them are already ticket holders/otherwise active in the fanbase.  So stop trying to inject your own commentary about lazy online commenters, 'victim culture', and poor people who 'do the least'.

Ok everyone else, back to celebrating....

Since both of these are thrown around fairly often, and this isn't directed at you specifically... Which is more important for the less financially able, attending games or donating money?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

Why does it constantly seem like USF never has its **** together and we are always looking to backtrack our mistakes nonstop forever?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

32 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Why does it constantly seem like USF never has its **** together and we are always looking to backtrack our mistakes nonstop forever?

337915D5-B864-4FCB-AE0C-EEE7572AB9CD.png

• Haha 2