• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would The Jim Drop in on the Spring Game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CJL is the past. its been over a decade...can we all move on?

Sure.  Give us something that was as meaningful.  Whatcha got?

Preseason Tailgate 2009 037.jpg

Edited by Grateful Dad
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Easy for somebody who wasn't a fan of the program at time he was here to say. Some of us will never move on until CJL is shown the respect he earned. What he did here was unprecedented. And the way he was forced out should never be forgotten until its righted.

I became a fan during his last 2/3 years. I remember a man that couldnt get past 8/9 wins while USF was in a power conference. I have no issues with Levitt. He started USF football and was wrongfully removed, but geez man, can we just make one post 2 praise Levitt and all of you LevittERS can go there 2 praise the man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

On 4/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Brad said:

Maybe to see his former players?

Would USF arrest and detain him for crimes against the University?

He's in Tampa we know.  

Our own @Mike Stuben posed a twitter question last night:

Which by the way includes a pretty cool STH gift from 2007

I re-tweeted 

And CJL joined with a like just about a half hour ago:

image.png

and a CJL like here:

image.png

Ran into them in an elevator in Walnut Creek, CA back in the early 80's.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Ran into them in an elevator in Walnut Creek, CA back in the early 80's.

So which one was peaches and which one was herbs?

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So which one was peaches and which one was herbs?

It was near San Francisco so you never know.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

22 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I became a fan during his last 2/3 years. I remember a man that couldnt get past 8/9 wins while USF was in a power conference. I have no issues with Levitt. He started USF football and was wrongfully removed, but geez man, can we just make one post 2 praise Levitt and all of you LevittERS can go there 2 praise the man. 

I can understand your sentiment if a Leavitt discussion took over another topic and went off the rails, but this post is literally about the dude.  What did you expect when you opened it?  

I mean this is exactly what you suggested, a post for people to praise the man, yet here you are still complaining and trying to tell people how to feel/act.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostbuster said:

I can understand your sentiment if a Leavitt discussion took over another topic and went off the rails, but this post is literally about the dude.  What did you expect when you opened it?  

I mean this is exactly what you suggested, a post for people to praise the man, yet here you are still complaining and trying to tell people how to feel/act.

The Leavitt subject has taken over many other posts. I am just recommending 2 make one main Leavitt post where you guys can all come 2 praise the man...kind of like a shrine. 😎

• Me no likey 1

18 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The Leavitt subject has taken over many other posts. I am just recommending 2 make one main Leavitt post where you guys can all come 2 praise the man...kind of like a shrine. 😎

I think it speaks to Brad's point about a portion of the fan base wanting/needing reconciliation between the two (USF and Leavitt), that topics do get taken over by the subject. 

I'm not defending that type of behavior, I'm just saying a real solution likely isn't going to come from marginalizing people's feelings and calling it more or less hero worship (a la 'needing a shrine').  

But the other side of the coin (ignoring the firing) is that this program hasn't replicated the type of national success since he left...so it's natural and perfectly okay to have people who want to talk about him and those days. 

It's a fan board, you better get used to posts by people who are fans of particular players and coaches.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I think it speaks to Brad's point about a portion of the fan base wanting/needing reconciliation between the two (USF and Leavitt), that topics do get taken over by the subject. 

I'm not defending that type of behavior, I'm just saying a real solution likely isn't going to come from marginalizing people's feelings and calling it more or less hero worship (a la 'needing a shrine').  

But the other side of the coin (ignoring the firing) is that this program hasn't replicated the type of national success since he left...so it's natural and perfectly okay to have people who want to talk about him and those days. 

It's a fan board, you better get used to posts by people who are fans of particular players and coaches.

I get it, he was done wrong and didn't deserve it. But it's an obsession and on top of it, Levitt is used as a reason to crap on any incoming coaches. All i was saying that make a post kind of like the "conference realignment" post we use to have where people can post about that subject. As for success....I do have an issue with this "national success since he left" narrative. We were ranked #2 due to many teams in the top 10 losing and immediately lost after we were ranked. That seem to be the case for the most part. Every time we got ranked we lost. In addition, his teams always collapsed or underachieved at the 2nd half of the season. Everybody has a right to be a fan of somebody, but I feel his "coaching success" is waaaaaay overated on this board.  I've even seen posts in which people stated that they would be happy averaging 8/9 wins as long as we pull a few upsets like Leavitt did. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I get it, he was done wrong and didn't deserve it. But it's an obsession and on top of it, Levitt is used as a reason to crap on any incoming coaches. All i was saying that make a post kind of like the "conference realignment" post we use to have where people can post about that subject. As for success....I do have an issue with this "national success since he left" narrative. We were ranked #2 due to many teams in the top 10 losing and immediately lost after we were ranked. That seem to be the case for the most part. Every time we got ranked we lost. In addition, his teams always collapsed or underachieved at the 2nd half of the season. Everybody has a right to be a fan of somebody, but I feel his "coaching success" is waaaaaay overated on this board.  I've even seen posts in which people stated that they would be happy averaging 8/9 wins as long as we pull a few upsets like Leavitt did. 

Lol don't you see the discussion point that's been launched by my comment about his success?  You couldn't help replying quite a bit about why you disagreed- which is perfectly fine, but it shows just how strongly people feel about these things.  Good luck limiting that talk to one thread without it ever spilling out...so I say why worry about it?