• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Would The Jim Drop in on the Spring Game?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Sports message boards are for ranting, rants do not have pauses or paragraphs as they are stream of consciousness. Making paragraphs or using proper punctuation would not convey the tone that coincides to the message being conveyed. Also half the time I’m not sure CJL would stop to breath as he was talking, so he would approve of the paragraph free approach.

If you’re ranting just as a personal catharsis, I agree completely. If you want someone to actually try and read all you wrote, use ******* paragraphs!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I will provide my perspective. The affection showed for CJL by some of us on here is born from a position of mutual admiration and respect. We witnessed first hand a program blossom from nothing and saw the passion and energy that he brought with him wherever he went. He was always gracious with his time and always appreciative of the fans. He would show up to small to medium-sized gatherings and was always 100% genuine. Very little coach-speak ever. When you get to be apart of so many program firsts and, lets face it, CJL and LRS are the reason the program was able to develop so quickly, you have an affiliation with a program that few, if any, can understand. Do you think for a second that CCS has 1/1,000,000th the passion and energy about Tampa, USF, and our football program that CJL did? This isn't a knock on CCS, but rather an acknowledgement that we crapped on the coach that is the father of the program. We forcibly ripped one of his children from his arms, with trumped up charges, and forever tarnished his name and reputation. Now add to everything else living through the orchestrated charade that was the sham "investigation" and knowing the true intentions of Judy, Doug, and a few deep pockets, and hopefully you can begin to see why, to this day, many of us feel the way we feel about CJL and his connection to USF football. Appreciating him and recognizing him doesn't hurt the current program at all. In fact, I would argue that it only strengthens it. I want from every coach what we had with CJL. I want to feel a deeper connection to the program. We are kind of witnessing that blossoming of a deeper connection right now with CBG as he attempts to resurrect (build) a men's basketball program. Think of the energy and fun we experienced this season with CBG and the men's team, and then take a second to stop and realize that as amazing as this season was, it pales into comparison to the heyday of USF football with CJL.  

The energy and excitement doesn't compare when we beat WVU on a Friday Night and the excitement from the community besides USF as well. We were on ESPN nonstop for about a week .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

The energy and excitement doesn't compare when we beat WVU on a Friday Night and the excitement from the community besides USF as well. We were on ESPN nonstop for about a week .

That was all apart of it. It was special. It was unique. It was unprecedented. It felt more like a family then. Now it has a corporate, business-as-usual feel to it. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, MikeG said:

Did it ever occur to you that some of us just like the guy-- the way he coached, talked, ran the team, and busted his ASS for USF? It is not all about record when it comes to CJL. The guy would show up at one of the alumni luncheons and just get the crowd super amped at the drop of a dime. He could do this in 5 minutes-- totally off the cuff -- because he was the real deal when it came to USF Football. Now I can't say about his subsequent work== and honestly, that only mildly interests me. But to have some wet behind the ears fan who has the BALLS to contine using the word GFATORS on our board but tell us all that they are really really a Bulls fan-- that is just horsecrap bud (you can't even be bothered to capitalize the B in Bull). Change your name and change your tune. You were not in the stands that night when CJL went for 2 it against Georgia Southern instead of settling for a tie with the previous years 1-AA National Champs back when we were barely in existence. We did not get that score-- but he sure won those fans over for life. We were-- we are proud of his work at this school. I will talk about him whenever I **** well please- I could give two craps if it messes up your reading of the board.

So don't tell us how to be a fan or that you have any real stake in this team. Lose that BS nickname or expect not to be taken very seriously ever on this board. That is my opinion. What you do with it is not important. What you think of CJL as a coach, a man, a human being-- irrelevant to me.

SO yeah-- you could say I give a crap about this topic.

1. I'm done with the CJL subject. I said my opinion and don't care about the replies or proceeding further. 

2. Yes, I will ALWAYS have Gator in my name b/c I graduated from UF. 

3. The coach, offensive coordinator and 2 players on this team are ex Gators...we are taking over...no we took over already!!! Hell we might change the mascot to the BullGators  lol

4. Don't care whether you or anybody takes me serious or not, I come here purely for entertainment purposes only. 

5. #GeauxBULLGators 😎

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

I'm just curious, would any of you complaining about how CJL got fired feel any better about it if the stated reason for him getting fired was that he didn't win any conference championships?

Personally I liked him but I'm over it.  Reading many of these posts it seems that some of you are pissed at the way he we fired.  So just wondering if they out and out told him you aren't winning titles so you're gone would you feel better about him being shown the door?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

35 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm just curious, would any of you complaining about how CJL got fired feel any better about it if the stated reason for him getting fired was that he didn't win any conference championships?

Personally I liked him but I'm over it.  Reading many of these posts it seems that some of you are pissed at the way he we fired.  So just wondering if they out and out told him you aren't winning titles so you're gone would you feel better about him being shown the door?

How many conference titles did that lead to (in a much lesser conference none the less)?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How many conference titles did that lead to (in a much lesser conference none the less)?

That wasn't the question.  At the time no one had no idea how future coaches would do.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That wasn't the question.  At the time no one had no idea how future coaches would do.

Skippy couldn't beat the coach he replaced so everyone probably should have been able to see how that was going to go. As long as we keep firing all of our coaches consistently for not winning BCS conferences in the first decade of creating a program I guess I would be okay with it, but since that isn't possible I will still continue to think the decision was insanely short sighted hubris based solely on the unreasonable expectations CJL's amazing success created. We killed the golden goose and its not enough to simply say "we did it to then throw our program into an unstable death spiral we have yet to recover from",  it needs to also have a follow up of "we could not have been more wrong, I apologize for the pain and harm I inflicted, I would like to reach out to CJL and see how we make amends and it is for this reason I am firing everyone involved in this idiocy as well as offering my resignation effective immediately (also I have built a time machine so I can go back a decade and do this when it mattered more)".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Skippy couldn't beat the coach he replaced so everyone probably should have been able to see how that was going to go. As long as we keep firing all of our coaches consistently for not winning BCS conferences in the first decade of creating a program I guess I would be okay with it, but since that isn't possible I will still continue to think the decision was insanely short sighted hubris based solely on the unreasonable expectations CJL's amazing success created. We killed the golden goose and its not enough to simply say "we did it to then throw our program into an unstable death spiral we have yet to recover from",  it needs to also have a follow up of "we could not have been more wrong, I apologize for the pain and harm I inflicted, I would like to reach out to CJL and see how we make amends and it is for this reason I am firing everyone involved in this idiocy as well as offering my resignation effective immediately (also I have built a time machine so I can go back a decade and do this when it mattered more)".

I'm not sure if you've answered my question or not.