• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would The Jim Drop in on the Spring Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Ghostbuster said:

Lol don't you see the discussion point that's been launched by my comment about his success?  You couldn't help replying quite a bit about why you disagreed- which is perfectly fine, but it shows just how strongly people feel about these things.  Good luck limiting that talk to one thread without it ever spilling out...so I say why worry about it? 

I had no intention of limiting anything. I just gave a recommendation. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

All i was saying that make a post kind of like the "conference realignment" post we use to have where people can post about that subject.

Enough is enough. What you're referring to are threads, not posts. Posts are the individual entries within a thread ....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

On 4/14/2019 at 6:50 AM, Brad said:

I'm still a Roberto Clemente fan and hes been gone nearly 40 years.

jeez Brad-- move on already!

lol

2 hours ago, MikeG said:

Did it ever occur to you that some of us just like the guy-- the way he coached, talked, ran the team, and busted his ASS for USF? It is not all about record when it comes to CJL. The guy would show up at one of the alumni luncheons and just get the crowd super amped at the drop of a dime. He could do this in 5 minutes-- totally off the cuff -- because he was the real deal when it came to USF Football. Now I can't say about his subsequent work== and honestly, that only mildly interests me. But to have some wet behind the ears fan who has the BALLS to contine using the word GFATORS on our board but tell us all that they are really really a Bulls fan-- that is just horsecrap bud (you can't even be bothered to capitalize the B in Bull). Change your name and change your tune. You were not in the stands that night when CJL went for 2 it against Georgia Southern instead of settling for a tie with the previous years 1-AA National Champs back when we were barely in existence. We did not get that score-- but he sure won those fans over for life. We were-- we are proud of his work at this school. I will talk about him whenever I **** well please- I could give two craps if it messes up your reading of the board.

So don't tell us how to be a fan or that you have any real stake in this team. Lose that BS nickname or expect not to be taken very seriously ever on this board. That is my opinion. What you do with it is not important. What you think of CJL as a coach, a man, a human being-- irrelevant to me.

SO yeah-- you could say I give a crap about this topic.

CJL posts are like Publix posts....... wild cards that can be played in any thread.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

CJL posts are like Publix posts....... wild cards that can be played in any thread.

They are also like conference realignment posts...a lot of hoping and wishing but they ain’t never happening...

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

source.gif

Paragraphs are your friends.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Paragraphs are your friends.  

Sports message boards are for ranting, rants do not have pauses or paragraphs as they are stream of consciousness. Making paragraphs or using proper punctuation would not convey the tone that coincides to the message being conveyed. Also half the time I’m not sure CJL would stop to breath as he was talking, so he would approve of the paragraph free approach.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1