• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hope you all like watching USF football on ESPN+

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The exclusive bargaining period with ESPN ends March 3. If we have not heard of any deal by then it means Aresco is shopping for a price. 

Just now, puc86 said:

If your latest career accomplishment is creating the AAC your next career move is retirement.

😂😂 he should hire you just to keep himself grounded. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The exclusive bargaining period with ESPN ends March 3. If we have not heard of any deal by then it means Aresco is shopping for a price. 

😂😂 he should hire you just to keep himself grounded. 

I would like to say I’m principled enough to decline the offer but I am nothing if not a whore.

Edited by puc86
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  146

tenor.gif

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

If it does somehow move to ESPN+ I'm going to be livid.  That's even more irrelevant than ESPN3.  I can't see this happening but that's absurd to have to pay for a separate subscription to watch these games. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

I guess I'm missing some of the logic being used here by NEB.  ESPN is willing to pay us more money and then put us on a platform that is losing money?  I would think that they'd need to put us somewhere where the advertising dollars cover the added expense of the contract.  That $4.99/mo for 4 months from 500 devout fans of each AAC teams doesn't translate to a lot of money.  I'm guessing advertisers pay less to have commercials shown on the + network.  AND this is way too much thinking for this early in the morning. I usually don't jump on the 'pen until after I fully wake up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, CousinRicky said:

I guess I'm missing some of the logic being used here by NEB.  ESPN is willing to pay us more money and then put us on a platform that is losing money?  I would think that they'd need to put us somewhere where the advertising dollars cover the added expense of the contract.  That $4.99/mo for 4 months from 500 devout fans of each AAC teams doesn't translate to a lot of money.  I'm guessing advertisers pay less to have commercials shown on the + network.  AND this is way too much thinking for this early in the morning. I usually don't jump on the 'pen until after I fully wake up.

It’s quiet simple. Yes espn is indeed willing to pay us more money and put us on a secondary platform. However, they are trying to make the secondary platform be equal with their other channels. To do this must improve the content. Now, does AAC football make an improvement? Well, yes, relative to the current conferences on the channel it does. Will the folks at espn need to do much more? Yes, absolutely. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s quiet simple. Yes espn is indeed willing to pay us more money and put us on a secondary platform. However, they are trying to make the secondary platform be equal with their other channels. To do this must improve the content. Now, does AAC football make an improvement? Well, yes, relative to the current conferences on the channel it does. Will the folks at espn need to do much more? Yes, absolutely. 

Does it say this in the contract?  

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Does it say this in the contract?  

No, not yet but this is what happened to the MWC, Conference USA, and the Ivy League. Thus, it is quiet likely to happen with us. Before we get too depressed I am hoping that Aresco can keep the number of games on Espn+ at a minimum. Also, if we are really good, much of our games would be on the regular channels. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

32 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No, not yet but this is what happened to the MWC, Conference USA, and the Ivy League. Thus, it is quiet likely to happen with us. Before we get too depressed I am hoping that Aresco can keep the number of games on Espn+ at a minimum. Also, if we are really good, much of our games would be on the regular channels. 

What happened to the MWC? I just pulled up a random schedule and Wyoming wasn't on ESPN+ once last year.

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I really struggle watching USF football on television.  I stress worse than if I'm at a game and don't usually watch them live.  I'll record games and then watch.  I can't even figure out how to use IHeart radio to listen to USF events so not sure how likely I'd be to figure out ESPN+.  

That said, I'll be at all the home games and 3 or 4 away games so it shouldn't be an issue.