• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hope you all like watching USF football on ESPN+

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This thread rocks. The first post says "no details available" yet we have people that know the details. Priceless.

You want people to wait for details instead of  latching onto the early information that fits their narrative and concocting a full story around that? Why do you hate America?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

No, I am not making a correlation between the number of games we had on last year and what we would get in a new contract. I AM saying if ESPN pays us they will put us on espn+ around 5 times. 

I get what you're saying, I'm asking what you know to to make that statement. I'm not confused on your belief based on no facts whatsoever.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, JTrue said:

Much like declaring we should be getting more than $7 million with nothing to back it up other than what you've seen people post online that we might be getting.

Well yes...just like people who say String should be fired...it’s an opinion. However, there are actually some in the media (not local) who have been following and I believe they have at least “some” knowledge...time will tell. 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

No idea the point of these speculations.  I feel older reading through this thread.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I get what you're saying, I'm asking what you know to to make that statement. I'm not confused on your belief based on no facts whatsoever.

Facts are what you make of them.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Well yes...just like people who say String should be fired...it’s an opinion. However, there are actually some in the media (not local) who have been following and I believe they have at least “some” knowledge...time will tell. 

Gotcha. So last year we were paid $2 million dollars and had 1 game not on TV. Based on what you've read online, your opinion is we should get more than $7 million and if we don't, we'll be online for 9 times as many games even if we get 3 times the money from ESPN.

Espn+ is losing millions each month on the plus channel. They know they have to increase the quality of the content. They have been focusing on boxing and MMA. Their college football conference games are CUSA and the Ivy League. The AAC would actually be a step up. So I believe that if we sign we will have a significant number of AAC games there. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Espn+ is losing millions each month on the plus channel. They know they have to increase the quality of the content. They have been focusing on boxing and MMA. Their college football conference games are CUSA and the Ivy League. The AAC would actually be a step up. So I believe that if we sign we will have a significant number of AAC games there. 

Time will tell, but if it means $5 million more per year to USF we will just have to deal with it. I have to believe that we wouldn't have gotten anywhere near that money from CBS, NBC, or any of the streaming channels. 

I would like to see some sort of deal with Amazon/Twitch, Facebook Live, and/or Twitter. We have the first opportunity to get overpaid by those providers. 

Gotcha. So last year we were paid $2 million dollars and had 1 game not on TV. Based on what you've read online, your opinion is we should get more than $7 million and if we don't, we'll be online for 9 times as many games even if we get 3 times the money from ESPN.

Again...there is ZERO CORRELATION BETWEEN LAST YEAR and a new contract. Regardless of the $ amount (5, 6, 29 million) we get, if we sign with ESPN there will be AAC games on espn plus. The higher the number the greater the likehood they put more on plus.

Again...there is ZERO CORRELATION BETWEEN LAST YEAR and a new contract. Regardless of the $ amount (5, 6, 29 million) we get, if we sign with ESPN there will be AAC games on espn plus. The higher the number the greater the likehood they put more on plus.

And plus is a misnomer.