• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holgorsen To Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,343
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

Exactly what ground have we gained that Charlie ripped out from our feet?

Back to back double digit wins, national ranking, just to name a few. Have you been under a rock, man?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

49 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Yet, the blame is always on the coaches and not these players. I warned you after the spring game that this team has very little talent. 

Because when you are in charge of something everything that happens is your fault including who is in your reporting lines and what they do. If there was zero tallent on the roster when he arrived he would have had the ability to have brought in half the roster during his two classes going into last season, at what point would it be reasonable to expect him to have recruited to the tallent level of Tulane?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

Reign of Fire?

THATS THE ONE

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'll start by saying, I'm not doubting you, or saying you're wrong, but this bothers me every time it's brought up. I hate to keep bringing up the On-Campus Stadium thing, but teams like UAB & South Alabama are ahead of us on this. I remember reading an article asking why NM State even fields a team, and they have an OCS. Us? Nope. No $$$. We're simply not at FAU's level yet. Seriously, what is the deal here? Why are schools that average about half the attendance that we do making the OCS thing happen, and we can't even afford to fire a coach after two years of Texas paying his salary for us? Can we even afford an Offensive Coordinator, or will we just have Charlie call the offense in 2019? I understand we're not Clemson, or Bama, or Oregon, but are we really THAT bad off?

https://herosports.com/college-football/teams-playing-home-games-off-campus-aiai

If we we are truly as cash strapped as some allege then it may be time to re-evaluate everything.  If this University is not committed to competing at the highest level of football then it may be time to drop back to FCS.  It kills me to see programs with less have more and yes an OCS is a big part of that.  Yes, I know IPF first.  And before some say how much do I contribute?  I spend over a thousand dollars for club access tickets not because I want to see the Bulls play, hell I can probably get free tickets for just about any game, I do it as a donation.  If the appetite for major college football is not there amongst the University, the students, the alumni and the local community then stop pretending and drop back to FCS.  Put about 20k seats at Corbett and call it a day.  At least then, we’ll have a shot at a national championship.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

If we we are truly as cash strapped as some allege then it may be time to re-evaluate everything.  If this University is not committed to competing at the highest level of football then it may be time to drop back to FCS.  It kills me to see programs with less have more and yes an OCS is a big part of that.  Yes, I know IPF first.  And before some say how much do I contribute?  I spend over a thousand dollars for club access tickets not because I want to see the Bulls play, hell I can probably get free tickets for just about any game, I do it as a donation.  If the appetite for major college football is not there amongst the University, the students, the alumni and the local community then stop pretending and drop back to FCS.  Put about 20k seats at Corbett and call it a day.  At least then, we’ll have a shot at a national championship.

This is exactly how I feel. If we are as poor and as broke as many on here say we are...this is what we should do.

I’m not “in the know” regarding USFs financial situation. Assuming that the guys on here really know what they are talking about and USF either can not or do not want to compete at the highest level we may as well drop back to FCS and build up the soccer stadium. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'll start by saying, I'm not doubting you, or saying you're wrong, but this bothers me every time it's brought up. I hate to keep bringing up the On-Campus Stadium thing, but teams like UAB & South Alabama are ahead of us on this. I remember reading an article asking why NM State even fields a team, and they have an OCS. Us? Nope. No $$$. We're simply not at FAU's level yet. Seriously, what is the deal here? Why are schools that average about half the attendance that we do making the OCS thing happen, and we can't even afford to fire a coach after two years of Texas paying his salary for us? Can we even afford an Offensive Coordinator, or will we just have Charlie call the offense in 2019? I understand we're not Clemson, or Bama, or Oregon, but are we really THAT bad off?

https://herosports.com/college-football/teams-playing-home-games-off-campus-aiai

These are all fair points. But I would point there are many, many programs like USF. I would be almost no one in the G5 make money on their FB programs. It’s role is relative to the culture and PR for the university. All that being said some of this, in my opinion, is based on the actions of the USF administration (Judy). You got to spend to win and she should be going into the USF foundation fund to pay for the rest of the IPF (which I know is another issue). 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

These are all fair points. But I would point there are many, many programs like USF. I would be almost no one in the G5 make money on their FB programs. It’s role is relative to the culture and PR for the university. All that being said some of this, in my opinion, is based on the actions of the USF administration (Judy). You got to spend to win and she should be going into the USF foundation fund to pay for the rest of the IPF (which I know is another issue). 

I'm not sure how this all works but believe that The Foundation oversees all the colleges and athletics.  Don't see how you can take money earmarked for the College of Business, for example, and give money to USF Athletics.  

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm not sure how this all works but believe that The Foundation oversees all the colleges and athletics.  Don't see how you can take money earmarked for the College of Business, for example, and give money to USF Athletics.  

That’s how they paid for upgrading the Sun Dome.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s how they paid for upgrading the Sun Dome.

Did Athletics borrow the money or just receive it?

Edit: I thought that eventually Athletics had to carry its own weight.

Edited by CousinRicky

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Did Athletics borrow the money or just receive it?

Edit: I thought that eventually Athletics had to carry its own weight.

That’s a good question. Not 100% sure but my understanding is that they just received it. I believe it was looked at as academic since graduations are in the building.