• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holgorsen To Houston

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

Oh no we suck again. This contract is feeling worse than Skippys contract. If it makes you  feel any better Dabo was 6-7 before he turned it all around. Maybe Marshall is our wake up call.  A Bull can dream cant he?

I hope that is the case, but  I doubt it. Dagger has passion and intensity in his personality..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

We can't afford to buy out CCS. No one wants to hire him from us either...

I used to think Woolard and Holtz were our worst combo...but even with Woolard giving Holtz an extension, we still were able to fire the guy the next year. 

Contrast that to Harlan and Strong who are now taking the top spot in my mind.  These two apparently made an unbreakable contract.  Ugggggh.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Uhhh...our AD is not a whimp...however he does not have any money to make a move...

whatever, this excuse gets worse and worse each time you type it

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I want our AD to do what Miami’s AD did after their asswhooping. Come out and say it’s unacceptable to lose like this. Nope we got a vote of confidence meely mouth response. I just so pissed that all the ground we have gained is now ripped out from our feet. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

whatever, this excuse gets worse and worse each time you type it

Whatever...Those saying to change the coach sound like children...there is a hard cold economic reality to the situation and to ignore it is simply being ignorant...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Those saying to change the coach sound like children...there is a hard cold reality to the situation and to ignore it is simply being ignorant...

First of all, if they wanted to fire the guy they could and would figure out a way to get it done.  It's absurd to say otherwise.  Secondly, the excuse that he has a winning record and has only had 2 years have been repeatedly thrown around here and fans wanting him gone criticized.  Third, if we are "handcuffed" by the contract (I doubt it), then there could be parameters set in place by the AD to make sure the program isn't run into the ground in the meantime.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I want our AD to do what Miami’s AD did after their asswhooping. Come out and say it’s unacceptable to lose like this. Nope we got a vote of confidence meely mouth response. I just so pissed that all the ground we have gained is now ripped out from our feet. 

They got beat down by Wisky we got beat down by a team I would have never known existed if my wife didn’t make me watch some Mathew mcconauhey movie.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

The AD is being paid $625,000 a year, should be able to deal with complex, big salary contracts like his own.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

The AD is being paid $625,000 a year, should be able to deal with complex, big salary contracts like his own.

Exactly.  Not being able to "afford" to fire him is ridiculous.  And if you really don't want to pay the money to fire him, you tie his hands so much he is begging for a negotiated buyout.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Agree!!