• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV Tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

This team now has more wins than our football team. When was the last time we were able to say that!?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

This team now has more wins than our football team. When was the last time we were able to say that!?

last season?

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

26 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

last season?

Nope. Both teams ended up with 10 wins last season. Football would have had 11 too if not for the UMASS game being cancelled. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, Calibull said:

any misses cost games... we lost by four and missed 5 free throws.  I Rideau hits his free throws last in the game we go up by 5 instead of being stuck at 3.  Yeah... his free throw shooting literally put us in a position to lose.  had to correct the spread.

So any game we lose by less than the number of ft’s missed, we lost because of free throws. Kind of simplistic but on a technical basis, I can’t argue it. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So any game we lose by less than the number of ft’s missed, we lost because of free throws. Kind of simplistic but on a technical basis, I can’t argue it. 

when we miss them down the stretch...yes 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

It is pretty close, think about it, a big often gets the rebound, has to find an outlet pass to a guard, who then has a defender on him all the way up the court. 

Compared to an inbound, where the ball may roll/bounce all the way to mid court without being touched and the clock never starting. 

Now, it will very, some times more or less time, just depends on a few things. 

Plus, the other players for the team behind now have to go and get into position, where on the inbound, they have more time to prepare for the play. 

Re: the missing of the 2nd FT, it also prevents them from substituting w/o using a time out (if they were looking for an offense/defense switch).

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

when we miss them down the stretch...yes 

I agree completely ..... but in the Citadel game, DC hit the last 2 FTs we had in that game to give us a lead, that we promptly gave back with ****** defense, turnover and missed shots. Just can’t pin that loss on free throw shooting, unless in the purest simplistic way pointed out earlier. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

This team is developing beautifully.  They are not, however, nearly what they can and should be by the end of the season.  Consider that only three of these players were even on the team last year and one of them is hardly getting any playing time, though he started last year.  This team is built on rebounding and defense and will be in a lot of close games.  Four of the starting five and the first three off the bench will all be here next year. They are in the process of learning how to play with each other and how to win.  This takes time and patience, but one consistent feature of their play thus far is their rebounding and defense.  The big question is will people turn out for their games.  Would be nice if we could get 5-7,000 per game instead of "announced crowds of 3.  Gregory has done an amazing job and appears to be a sound floor coach.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, abochner said:

The big question is will people turn out for their games.  Would be nice if we could get 5-7,000 per game instead of "announced crowds of 3.  Gregory has done an amazing job and appears to be a sound floor coach.  

I got my flex plan and will be at at least 3 games. Excited to watch this team play in person.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I agree completely ..... but in the Citadel game, DC hit the last 2 FTs we had in that game to give us a lead, that we promptly gave back with ****** defense, turnover and missed shots. Just can’t pin that loss on free throw shooting, unless in the purest simplistic way pointed out earlier. 

I know it was more than just free throws... I just didn't want to give you the pleasure of being right. lol  I agree also, that's exactly why we lost the game.  Turnovers and way too many missed shots down the stretch.