• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV Tonight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Was a bit sloppy but we're 8-2 and getting better.  I have no complaints.

Same. We hopefully win the next two and then conference plays takes place. Going to be fun to watch. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Castaneda is the calming influence in this team we had the ball good things happen...even with this high turnover game 

He was known in HS as a winner, cool calming influence on his teams. A guy you want to have the ball in his hands the last 3 minutes of the game. I don't know if he will ever be the undisputed starting PG for this team because of the talent Coach Gregory will bring in for the backcourt but Castaneda will always get key minutes for USF. See why Wichita state wanted him so bad.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same. We hopefully win the next two and then conference plays takes place. Going to be fun to watch. 

Totally agree... just for reference, this is the best start we've had since 2009 and that includes the NCAA run in 2011.   I'm just sitting here wondering how high is the ceiling for this team this year.  FIU is actually a good team and I'm impressed with how we defended them.  We looked like the better team.  I'm of the mind this team can make some noise in conference play.  They're getting better.  Just gotta clean up the turnovers, but that's normally the final piece that falls into place.

with a young squad

I mean beating FIU at FIU is impressive.  I'm impressed by this team.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

TJ Lang is one of our better players and to win fairly easy without him was impressive. Not sure when a USF team could play so well and win on the road without one of the best offensive players on the team. I don't expect to see another turnover game from USF again. We know coach Gregory will get these guys right before the next game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

42 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Totally agree... just for reference, this is the best start we've had since 2009 and that includes the NCAA run in 2011.   I'm just sitting here wondering how high is the ceiling for this team this year.  FIU is actually a good team and I'm impressed with how we defended them.  We looked like the better team.  I'm of the mind this team can make some noise in conference play.  They're getting better.  Just gotta clean up the turnovers, but that's normally the final piece that falls into place.

with a young squad

Need to improve the FT% or it will cost us some games at some point.  we have been lucky so far

1 minute ago, bcgruber said:

Need to improve the FT% or it will cost us some games at some point.  we have been lucky so far

Rideau and Durr need to improve his free throw shooting.  I mean everyone else has gotten it together.   

and it has already cost us two games

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

18 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Rideau and Durr need to improve his free throw shooting.  I mean everyone else has gotten it together.   

and it has already cost us two games

Yeah take that away from opponents and he'll be nigh unstoppable. 

Alcorn State and FDU won't be a problem, but I expect UConn to hack him all night long. 

1 minute ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Yeah take that away from opponents and he'll be nigh unstoppable. 

Alcorn State and FDU won't be a problem, but I expect UConn to hack him all night long. 

Yeah... I think we'll see that from UConn.  Hopefully they'er mostly and 1's.  I tell you, you're absolutely correct. If he could get his free throw shooting together,  he'd be an absolute beast. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Totally agree... just for reference, this is the best start we've had since 2009 

Actually, I think we started 8-2 in 2013.