• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV Tonight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

40 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Rideau and Durr need to improve his free throw shooting.  I mean everyone else has gotten it together.   

and it has already cost us two games

FT shooting didn’t cost us Citadel, shot 78%. Lost because of untimely turnovers and giving up 16 3 pointers. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Actually, I think we started 8-2 in 2013. 

yeah we did... I always forget that season

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

FT shooting didn’t cost us Citadel, shot 78%. Lost because of untimely turnovers and giving up 16 3 pointers. 

any misses cost games... we lost by four and missed 5 free throws.  I Rideau hits his free throws last in the game we go up by 5 instead of being stuck at 3.  Yeah... his free throw shooting literally put us in a position to lose.  had to correct the spread.

Edited by Calibull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, Calibull said:

any misses cost games... we lost by four and missed 5 free throws.  I Rideau hits his free throws last in the game we go up by 5 instead of being stuck at 3.  Yeah... his free throw shooting literally put us in a position to lose.  had to correct the spread.

And the stats don't tell the whole story if some of those misses are front ends of 1 and 1s

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

There are times I like us to miss free throws too, (hear me out, I'm not crazy).

Last home game against App State when we got under 30 seconds, I was all for missing the second free throws just to get the clock moving. It forces the opponent to bring the ball up the court while the clock runs and cuts down on the number of possessions that they can create with their quick fouling strategy to extend the game. Of course, this though does require us to hit the first free throw and the other team can't be shooting lights out behind the 3 point line. I saw it that I would rather run an extra 5 seconds off the clock than have 1 more point. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

58 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

There are times I like us to miss free throws too, (hear me out, I'm not crazy).

Last home game against App State when we got under 30 seconds, I was all for missing the second free throws just to get the clock moving. It forces the opponent to bring the ball up the court while the clock runs and cuts down on the number of possessions that they can create with their quick fouling strategy to extend the game. Of course, this though does require us to hit the first free throw and the other team can't be shooting lights out behind the 3 point line. I saw it that I would rather run an extra 5 seconds off the clock than have 1 more point. 

I'm not sure that we really gain 5 sec by missing the 2nd free throw

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

Good victory.  Keep them rolling

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not sure that we really gain 5 sec by missing the 2nd free throw

It is pretty close, think about it, a big often gets the rebound, has to find an outlet pass to a guard, who then has a defender on him all the way up the court. 

Compared to an inbound, where the ball may roll/bounce all the way to mid court without being touched and the clock never starting. 

Now, it will very, some times more or less time, just depends on a few things. 

Plus, the other players for the team behind now have to go and get into position, where on the inbound, they have more time to prepare for the play. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

It is pretty close, think about it, a big often gets the rebound, has to find an outlet pass to a guard, who then has a defender on him all the way up the court. 

Compared to an inbound, where the ball may roll/bounce all the way to mid court without being touched and the clock never starting. 

Now, it will very, some times more or less time, just depends on a few things. 

Plus, the other players for the team behind now have to go and get into position, where on the inbound, they have more time to prepare for the play. 

If you put soft pressure on the inbound after the made FT it takes away your argument.  Make the FT is the better play

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

And the stats don't tell the whole story if some of those misses are front ends of 1 and 1s

exactly...