• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

35 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Clemson's signature win was 7-5 Boston College. You can drink all the ESPN koolaid all you want, but both ND and Clemson's schedule are artificially inflated to look better than they really are and the misinformed sheep willingly believe that is not the case. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, however wrong it is.

You must have looked over them beating 9-3 syracuse who is ranked, which again UCF can't match that. That adds to the fact they have only played two close games in their P5 schedule. 

The one point you made that was valid. You're right, UCF can't match that because they didn't have the opportunity to play them. But I suppose beating a perennial power such as Syracuse is surely enough reason to give Clemson a solid spot in the CFP.

Finally, you get it. It's based on who UCF did have the opportunity to play and that wasn't good enough to make much of a argument for top 4 ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Same teams over and over...how long before people start getting board watching this? 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Here’s hoping UCF gets the Gay-turds in the Fiesta Bowl.

Word is LSU is more likely but Gators would be a more interesting opponent 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just saw where someone put this is the AAC thread again feel free to move it there or the general sports whenever. 

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

no one has beaten them in two straight years.  

Any non-P5 team could run the table and win every game 100 - 0 and not even get a sniff of the CFP. 

who have they played in the past 2 years? Maryland? Pitt? Memphis, Memphis & Memphis?

if playing cupcakes could punch u a ticket to the playoffs or National Championship, we might as well just go Independent & play UMass & FIU every year. just stop.

if UCF had actually played 3 decent "Power 5" schools on their OOC schedule maybe they'd sniff something other than their own vapors.

stop whining. this isn't rocket science.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, G25C said:

UCF needed there to be two-loss champions, or to have destroyed everyone on their schedule to be a thought.  They could have justified a spot last year, but the 2018 Central team isn't top-four material at all.

No they couldn't. Last year their schedule wasn't any better than this year's as far as presenting them as top four material ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

@Meeps

would FCU have gone undefeated two years in a row playing Clemson or Notre Dame's schedule? 

WELL THERE'S YOUR ANSWER.

comparing ONE common opponent (Pitt) is NOT THE SAME as playing 10+ Power 5 schools in one year.

what is so hard to understand here? FFS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,997
  • Days Won:  469

It's the "undefeated" claim they hope resonates with people outside of Orlando.  

:nope:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

No they couldn't. Last year their schedule wasn't any better than this year's as far as presenting them as top four material ...

It was a better situation (and a better team) with an 11-2 Ohio State and an Alabama team that didn't reach it's conference championship game.  The schedule is an issue, especially with hurricanes wiping out their power-5 games back-to-back years.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That't the point, beating pitt doesn't mean anything. and your right it is about the body of work, and based on UCF SOS, its doesn't match up. You used Pitt as an example because its all you got, which speaks to the point. One game does not speak for a body of work. 

Purdue would be a ten win tam in the AAC. but you're right sub .500 in the big ten.  A statement with as much merit as UCF being undefeated or one loss in the Big ten. 

Last season is only used for the pre season, thats it and has no impact on the CFP poll, which is why it isn't released until after week 8. 

And for Clemson, its the body of work which has been much better than UCF. Go look at Sagarin (independent of ESPN) and show me the average ranking of opponents for UCF compared to the other top six teams in CFP and tell me what you get. 

I never said beating Pitt was our "Syracuse" to garner the spot within the CFP. I said, if you look at both teams from a real world competitive standpoint instead of some make believe world, where games on paper are played - UCF handled Pitt just like Clemson did. Clemson was ranked #3 prior to playing Syracuse or anyone that mattered. Why? You guys say Strength of schedule is the holy grail of measuring an eye test. Clemson was riding a top ranking from the beginning of the season without beating anyone of note. The hypocrisy is endless.

Just because your opinion that Purdue would be a 10 win team doesn't make it a reality. Miami has far more talent on paper than UCF, yet do any of you think Miami is a better team? Probably not. Because there are far more factors in play than simply having the skill at specific positions. Kiffin has far more star talent than other teams in CUSA. All the experts predicted FAU as the best G5 team, look how that turned out.

If you don't think a pre-season poll where top teams who have made it to the end roughly unscathed don't matter, then that's fine. But the AP poll usually isn't too far off from the CFP poll when the teams start separating themselves.

Sorry, I don't buy Clemson's body of work is much better. There strength of record is 98.9 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi/_/id/228/clemson-tigers). Guess what UCF's is?  93.8

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi/_/id/2116

Go look at Sagarin? Cool. Tell me why Sagarin has Oklahoma at 6 but they are in the College Football Playoff.

Edited by Meeps