• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Most NY6 bowl games involve P5 teams at the same level so the motivation, mindset is usually on the same level for both teams.

Ahh yes, the "they were not motivated" talk, weakest argument in sports. As if not getting embarrassed by a lowly G5 team is not motivation enough.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

No, I am not wrong, I really do hope you keep your opinions to yourself and you do sound like an ESPN mouthpiece, just own it.  Totally crapping on your Alma Mater's accomplishments would really be a new low for you.  I have known you "digitally" long enough to know you would not talk that way about our run.  I get it.   

lol...

It's not crapping on anyone's "run".  I would love it if we could win 50 in a row.  Beating the crap out of AAC and small time OOCs won't get us to the CFB playoffs.  It's the problem UCF has now.  Not crapping on their 20 or so wins, either.  The facts, the reality, points to it not being enough in the current system.  No amount of saying it does, or should, will change that.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Meeps said:

So you're saying a team that was on the cusp of playing for a National title just naturally imploded because they faced an opponent from the AAC?

More specifically, I am saying their season was over.  Auburn playing for a win over a UCF, is a lot different than a UCF playing for a win over blueblood Auburn.  It brings you assumed credibility and an assumed quality win.  A win over a UCF brings Auburn (and its fans) nothing.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Most NY6 bowl games involve P5 teams at the same level so the motivation, mindset is usually on the same level for both teams.

That's not what Brad said. He said outside of playing for National titles - the NY6 bowl games are meaningless. Further, those teams mindsets cannot possibly be the same despite being two P5 teams. Some teams are closer to reaching the playoffs and missed it by one loss - whereas some have lost multiple games and had no chance.

5 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Why didn't the experts just come out and say, "Well, this is UCF's superbowl, and Auburn has no reason to win. nothing to play for..

^^^^

This was probably said.  I'll search the internet for you.

Just now, Brad said:

^^^^

This was probably said.  I'll search the internet for you.

I can't wait to see this. If it does exist, lets see if it was said prior to the game being played rather than a post-game excuse.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Brad said:

lol...

It's not crapping on anyone's "run".  I would love it if we could win 50 in a row.  Beating the crap out of AAC and small time OOCs won't get us to the CFB playoffs.  It's the problem UCF has now.  Not crapping on their 20 or so wins, either.  The facts, the reality, points to it not being enough in the current system.  No amount of saying it does, or should, will change that.

and if we won 50 in a row you would just go quietly into the night, murmuring that it is meaningless, that our bowl opponents were not motivated, and saying that our mistreatment is justified?  I say bull****, no way you would be spewing that nonsense about our team.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

no way you would be spewing that nonsense about our team.  

@ArmyBull you do see it's not about the team, right?  

If we played the same horrible schedule in a G5 conference without meangingful OOC wins, yet won 20 in a row, I'd be happy for the team - they aren't responsible for the AAC or the scheduling.  But, I wouldn't be making the case UCF is making either.  Undefeated doesn't mean much outside the program if you're not beating the teams allegedly better than you.  That's the problem.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

6 minutes ago, Meeps said:

That's not what Brad said. He said outside of playing for National titles - the NY6 bowl games are meaningless.

I said the same thing ..... but that's got nothing to do with your post I was responding to. You're moving the goalpost ...

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I said the same thing ..... but that's got nothing to do with your post I was responding to. You're moving the goalpost ...

Care to elaborate?