• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Meeps said:

Should be a great game. UCF players thought they had a decent shot at a playoff after winning 25 games in a row. LSU won't be motivated to play a team from the AAC. It'll be the battle of the two non-motivated teams. Right Brad?

Oh I think LSU will be plenty motivated relative to the ucf hype...Brad would be wrong here. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Looks like ucf will be playing LSU on NYD. Pretty sure LSU will be motivated due to the ucf hype. I will be surprised If UCF scores 10 points. 

This can't be. Why would LSU be motivated to play in a meaningless bowl versus a non-p5 opponent. UCF should easily win this.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Care to elaborate?

Dude, pay attention to what post is being responded to. I'm not rehashing. Bottom line, bowl games, ALL bowl games other than playoff ones, can be prone to have different dynamics .... and it differs from individual bowl to individual bowl depending on circumstances.

Perfect example, besides the recent Peach Bowl, was the 2016 Cure Bowl. You got your asses kicked by something called Arkansas State yet next year won a natty. No team improves that much over an off season. That was a perfect example of two teams treating a bowl game differently.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

LSU?

Lol, no, c. 

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Dude, pay attention to what post is being responded to. I'm not rehashing. Bottom line, bowl games, ALL bowl games other than playoff ones, can be prone to have different dynamics .... and it differs from individual bowl to individual bowl depending on circumstances.

Perfect example, besides the recent Peach Bowl, was the 2016 Cure Bowl. You got your asses kicked by something called Arkansas State yet next year won a natty. No team improves that much over an off season. That was a perfect example of two teams treating a bowl game differently.

100% agreed; to a point. Arkansas State was the better team that day. You're not going to find any UCF fans that pretends that loss didn't count simply because UCF wasn't motivated. Champions find ways to win. UCF didn't find a way to win that one, so Arkansas State earned it. And the team sure as hell didn't forget it. That was the last game they lost since the Obama Administration.

Edited by Meeps
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh I think LSU will be plenty motivated relative to the ucf hype...Brad would be wrong here. 

@Meeps, I'll take care of this for you:

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

Great assessment of a team's intentions. Did you play for Auburn LSU? Do you know the players personally? How do you have this inside knowledge? Or is this another opinion being passed off as fact?

• Haha 1

I think @NewEnglandBull is projecting some "Bulls thought" into this.  I'm not sure UCF's National Champions talk really motivates a team that actually competes for them.  But, maybe.  Again, it would be all fun n games for LSU to beat UCF, but they have nothing to gain.  Even moreso now with MM out, the Knights could still claim a championship with a loss to LSU.  They'd just have to put an asterisk on it.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

@Meeps, I'll take care of this for you:

Thanks Brad. Saved me the effort. Can't be having anyone thinking the impending LSU defeat was due to the fact that UCF played better football.

I'm still waiting on that article showing Auburn had no reason to win in the Peach. And I fully expect some links in the ensuing weeks to see several articles from the media all favoring UCF in this meaningless (G5 super) bowl game against an unmotivated LSU team.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I'm still waiting on that article showing Auburn had no reason to win in the Peach. And I fully expect some links in the ensuing weeks to see several articles from the media all favoring UCF in this meaningless (G5 super) bowl game against an unmotivated LSU team.

Well,  the internet is already coming out about LSU:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think @NewEnglandBull is projecting some "Bulls thought" into this.  I'm not sure UCF's National Champions talk really motivates a team that actually competes for them.  But, maybe.  Again, it would be all fun n games for LSU to beat UCF, but they have nothing to gain.  Even moreso now with MM out, the Knights could still claim a championship with a loss to LSU.  They'd just have to put an asterisk on it.

Hey leave me out of this I am just a bystander....😂