• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Did you read through that thread? Looks like there are just as many if not more LSU fans "ready to shut UCF up", "Do what Auburn couldn't do" and "For a 3 loss team, that's pretty entitled thinking" than there are, "This is a meaningless bowl game so let's just surrender now". If you think Ed Orgeron is going to let his team get humiliated after what happened to Auburn and potentially jeopardize his HC career, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

So play to win to avoid embarassment?  I agree with that.  

But again, a loss does nothing.  A win does nothing.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

The only drama left is waiting to see if they put up another natty banner if they beat LSU.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The only drama left is waiting to see if they put up another natty banner if they beat LSU.

Thank God UGA didn't make the playoffs. Bulldogs win the real natty and the Kanigits beat LSU, a second banner would have definitely gone up.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Bull94 said:

that's the way it has always been. plenty of undefeated teams didn't get recognition in the past. they don't deserve to make playoffs with their schedule.

I agree. To add, no one outside of UCF fans care about their undefeated season. In the arena of college football some fans might think it's "cute." That's it. No matter what UCF/USF accomplish in the AAC, it doesn't amount to dog-squeeze to the rest of college football fandom. The "snubs" will continue to occur until we move up. It will never change as long as we are in this horrid conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

UCF comes from behind in the AAC Championship vs Memphis with a back-up QB who is not even in the same realm as Jalon Hurts.  They run the table for the second year in a row and they don't even get a mention from any of the main stream sports outlets beyond their QB MM being hurt. Think college football is an equal playing field?  I don't know if UCF is one of the best 4 teams in the country, but no one has beaten them in two straight years.  

Any non-P5 team could run the table and win every game 100 - 0 and not even get a sniff of the CFP.  This is why, other than USF, I could care less about CFB.  I was once a rabid fan of CFB and couldn't get enough, now, who cares.  CFB has taken the greatest sports product in the U.S. and marginalized it for me.  

There are six or seven schools that matter in college football.  Everyone else is an also-ran on their best day.

Go Bulls!

Lol just enjoy good cfb because our boys are not even close to that. It looked like we were there and then we went to ****...

Next year maybe?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

@Meeps

would FCU have gone undefeated two years in a row playing Clemson or Notre Dame's schedule? 

WELL THERE'S YOUR ANSWER.

comparing ONE common opponent (Pitt) is NOT THE SAME as playing 10+ Power 5 schools in one year.

what is so hard to understand here? FFS

Could Notre Dame or Clemson go undefeated playing Alabama or Georgia's?

The bottom line is if 80-90% of the teams in the "division" have no shot at making the playoffs before a ball is snapped, then something is wrong with the system.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

The bottom line is if 80-90% of the teams in the "division" have no shot at making the playoffs before a ball is snapped, then something is wrong with the system.

Every team in the P5 has a legitimate chance if they win. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Every team in the P5 has a legitimate chance if they win. 

Not true.  Undefeated Colorado was eliminated after week 3 or 4 according to ESPN's prediction system.