• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Take a second look, boss

UCF

Strength of Record (RK) 93.8 (9)
Adj Win-Loss (RK) 10.8 - 1.2 (11)
Game Control (RK) 82.3 (23)
Adj Win Probability (RK) --
Avg Win Probability (RK) 73.1% (5)

Clemson 

Strength of Record (RK) 98.9 (2)
Adj Win-Loss (RK) 12.8 - 0.2 (2)
Game Control (RK) 99.5 (3)
Adj Win Probability (RK) --
Avg Win Probability (RK) 78.7% (2)

The big number wasn't the rank, the little on was. lol

Fair enough. Honest mistake.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/29/17795292/college-football-2018-strength-of-schedule-week-14-rankings

"Have the Tigers played a rigorous schedule? Goodness, no. If the average top-five team — by which, I mean literally the average of Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, and Oklahoma, the top five teams per S&P+ — played Clemson’s 13 opponents a countless number of times, it would have won about 90 percent of those games.

That’s a strength of schedule that ranks 76th, not amazing but certainly harder than that of any of the other unbeatens. (UCF ranked 83).

SOS rankings for college football’s unbeaten teams:

17. Alabama (0.834)
61. Notre Dame (0.888)
76. Clemson (0.901)
83. UCF (0.907)

Clemson’s schedule was closer in competition level to UCF’s than Alabama’s, and by quite a bit. And it was worse than Notre Dame’s.

You guys want to talk smack all you want about UCF not even being remotely deserving of a top 4 spot for having a soft schedule. Yet for some reason, due to that 7 point differential between Clemson and UCF, one team is firmly planted at #2 and the other isn't even in the same sentence.

Edited by Meeps

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

26 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

who have they played in the past 2 years? Maryland? Pitt? Memphis, Memphis & Memphis?

if playing cupcakes could punch u a ticket to the playoffs or National Championship, we might as well just go Independent & play UMass & FIU every year. just stop.

if UCF had actually played 3 decent "Power 5" schools on their OOC schedule maybe they'd sniff something other than their own vapors.

stop whining. this isn't rocket science.

They've played enough this year and last to garner a top 10 spot as voted on by coaches and writers.  The only opportunity vs a true powerhouse was Auburn and UCF spanked that ass.  Oh yes, I forgot, Auburn had nothing to play for because they are college football's elite and they don't get up for anything other than a NC. 

With MM UCF is as good as anyone in the country.  If they were anyone else other than UCF the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz would agree.  

On my way to an AAU hoops game that is hollow and meaningless.  Happy Sunday and Go Bulls!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Meaningless bowl results? So the NY6 bowls are all meaningless...

Pretty much .... especially when the two teams are coming into one from totally opposite directions.

And here's a word of advice, stop with the ridiculous comparisons to an undefeated Clemson team. You won't sound near as delusional if you try to target Oklahoma.

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Pretty much .... especially when the two teams are coming into one from totally opposite directions.

And here's a word of advice, stop with the ridiculous comparisons to an undefeated Clemson team. You won't sound near as delusional if you try to target Oklahoma.

You mean the same Clemson team who is undefeated and essentially beat no one of note. Versus UCF who is also undefeated and beat no one of note? You mean the same Clemson team whose SOS is ranked within the same ballpark as UCF. The same Clemson who beat Pitt by 32 versus 31 with UCF? Versus comparing Oklahoma who has a loss? Doesn't exactly sound delusional when there are far more similarities than differences.

Edited by Meeps

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Oh yes, I forgot, Auburn had nothing to play for because they are college football's elite and they don't get up for anything other than a NC. 

Incorrect, again.  Auburn gets up for regular season games, especially SEC games.  Even non-conference regular season games.  But post season trips to different cities with no benefit/loss tied to outcome of game is why there's nothing to play for, save for maybe some stats, personal pride.  The swag bag gets more publicity than the made for TV post season games.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Incorrect, again.  Auburn gets up for regular season games, especially SEC games.  Even non-conference regular season games.  But post season trips to different cities with no benefit/loss tied to outcome of game is why there's nothing to play for, save for maybe some stats, personal pride.  The swag bag gets more publicity than the made for TV post season games.

Great assessment of a team's intentions. Did you play for Auburn? Do you know the players personally? How do you have this inside knowledge? Or is this another opinion being passed off as fact?

• Downvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Always wrong in your mind.  I appreciate the consistency.  When USF drops their bowl game I'll repost this quote.

Winners show up no matter the opponent.  Losers show up for a swag bag.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,428
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, Meeps said:

You mean the same Clemson team who is undefeated and essentially beat no one of note. Versus UCF who is also undefeated and beat no one of note? You mean the same Clemson team who is ranked within the same ballpark, versus Oklahoma who has a loss? The same Clemson who beat Pitt by 32 versus 31 with UCF? Doesn't exactly sound delusional when there are far more similarities than differences.

My point was instead of focusing on trying to compare yourselves to Clemson, why not expend more energy trying to explain why you deserve to be there over Oklahoma?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,946
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Always wrong in your mind.  I appreciate the consistency.  When USF drops their bowl game I'll repost this quote.

Winners show up no matter the opponent.  Losers show up for a swag bag.  

Great, get to your AAU game.  Chance to create some winners.  

There's a reason a number of players (winners) skip bowl games.  They don't matter.  

Just now, Triple B said:

My point was instead of focusing on trying to compare yourselves to Clemson, why not expend more energy trying to explain why you deserve to be there over Oklahoma?

Because by virtue of why Clemson is at #2 and UCF being more similar to them than Oklahoma; would automatically garner higher rank than Oklahoma. If the CFP was going for the "best team" versus the most deserving team, they would have put Georgia at #4. But they would rather have less blowback by putting in 3 P5 conferences than 2.