• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Brad said:

@ArmyBull you do see it's not about the team, right?  

If we played the same horrible schedule in a G5 conference without meangingful OOC wins, yet won 20 in a row, I'd be happy for the team - they aren't responsible for the AAC or the scheduling.  But, I wouldn't be making the case UCF is making either.  Undefeated doesn't mean much outside the program if you're not beating the teams allegedly better than you.  That's the problem.

@Brad you do see that this not about c florida, right?

Your comments are more of a systemic mindset problem and it sounds like you are reading from the P5 notecards.  You are letting c get into your head.  If we did this and Kelly and Strong were not outraged at our treatment, I would be embarrassed.  Even the slightest diminishing attitude for going undefeated for two years would be awful from a long time fan like yourself.  But again, I simply do not believe you would be talking like this, even if you do, so it is a moot point.   

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

They played 11 game seasons instead of 12 game seasons. That's a knock.

Temple had like 700 yards of offense. 

Memphis set an FBS record for most rushing yards in a single half. 

Their defense has show big weaknesses against the run, although holding teams to 20 points is pretty solid. The obvious detraction is the weak schedule.

Their lineman on both sides are dwarfed by the lines of Alabama, Clemson and Georgia. 

Any of the top 4 would wreck UCF by 2-3 touchdowns. 

What would be a good game would be UCF vs. Oklahoma or maybe LSU. 

Not playing any top 25 teams and also playing 11 games instead of 12 will keep them out. Also their defense giving up ridiculous yards to Temple and Memphis. 

Edited by Gismo

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Well, @ArmyBull let's hope that day gets here and we can settle this.  Believe me,  it's my view of how the system works.  Had it been a bunch of goofy Memphis fans parading around as Nat champs like UCF and claiming undefeated seasons over the likes of their opponents was somehow as good as those that have truly beaten good teams, I would be all over Memphis' B.S. too.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Looks like ucf will be playing LSU on NYD. Pretty sure LSU will be motivated due to the ucf hype. I will be surprised If UCF scores 10 points. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Looks like ucf will be playing LSU on NYD. Pretty sure LSU will be motivated due to the ucf hype. I will be surprised If UCF scores 10 points. 

They will be motivated unless they lose, right?  Sucks being G5.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

UCFs offense is good. LSU will have the best secondary they've faced in their careers though. I think this a matchup where UCF has a chance. 

Id give the edge to LSUs size and expect UCF to be unable to stop the LSU offense. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Gismo said:

UCFs offense is good. LSU will have the best secondary they've faced in their careers though. I think this a matchup where UCF has a chance. 

Id give the edge to LSUs size and expect UCF to be unable to stop the LSU offense. 

Could be. If the LSU defense that played against Georgia shows up they are in trouble. If the defense that played Texas A&M shows up ucf has a chance. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Should be a great game. UCF players thought they had a decent shot at a playoff after winning 25 games in a row. LSU won't be motivated to play a team from the AAC. It'll be the battle of the two non-motivated teams. Right Brad?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Just now, ArmyBull said:

Hope they lose by 50.  

LSU?