• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

So what is the point in playing in Division I football? By your very definition, usf literally has no chance to make the playoffs. The strength of record as the sole evidence a team is undeserving to be in the playoffs only holds up when a team has yet to prove they are the real deal.

Not true, Strength of schedule is a metric that proves if you are the real deal.

That was answered when they beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl. While the Auburn win doesn't necessarily count for the 2018 football schedule - that was the eye test right there. When most of your team is returning the following season including your star QB, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. If a MAC or CUSA team goes undefeated and soundly beats a top team in their bowl then they deserve the benefit of the doubt the following season. When a team loses said star QB and performs better than they did initially (Memphis #1 win) with the star QB, they again deserve the benefit of the doubt.

not revisiting this again, you beat a team that didn't want to be there. and in any case, no game form last season has any impact on this season.

UCF decimated Pitt who went on to play in the ACC title game by approximately the same margin Clemson did. Notre Dame almost lost to that same Pitt team. Both Clemson and Pitt are playing in the CFP.

Miami and Penn State also beat Pitt handedly but aren't in consideration for the CFP because of what happened agains the rest of their conference schedule. Also 2-9 UNC beat Pitt. Conclusion, undeserving and even bad teams beat Pitt, Not that impressive of a win. In comparison to Notre Dame, what UCF can't match is their wins over Michigan, Syracuse, and Northwestern.  Who looked much better in their bid for the big 10 title, than Pitt did its showing up for the ACC title. 

Clemson's signature win was 7-5 Boston College. You can drink all the ESPN koolaid all you want, but both ND and Clemson's schedule are artificially inflated to look better than they really are and the misinformed sheep willingly believe that is not the case. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, however wrong it is.

You must have looked over them beating 9-3 syracuse who is ranked, which again UCF can't match that. That adds to the fact they have only played two close games in their P5 schedule. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Lawsuit will happen before an official split takes place.

And G5 will lose that. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

31 minutes ago, Meeps said:

However, actual game data where a direct comparison of UCF/ND and Clemson's performance shows that they are in the same league and it's anyone's guess who would win.  

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Edit?

12 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I've already provided the information to you but here you are.

https://fbschedules.com/ucf-football-schedule/ - UCF beat Pitt by 31. 

https://fbschedules.com/pitt-football-schedule/ - Clemson beats Pitt by 32 in the ACC title game. / Notre Dame beat Pitt by 5.

All three teams are undefeated. 

https://fbschedules.com/clemson-football-schedule/ - Look at Clemson's schedule and tell me this is a top 4 schedule.

THAT'S your "actual game data" you're using to support this?? While Brass pretty much already punched holes in that, here's some more data that supports most people's eye test. Even Massey dosn't have your back any longer ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Ok is there anything that supports the ratio? 

Ok let's suppose we have two lemonaid stands selling lemonade. One's cost per lemonade is $25 per cup (B12). The other's cost is charging $5 per cup (AAC). The B12 makes $365 million/year the AAC made $74.47 million. That's 5x the money the AAC hence the $25:$5 cost comparison.

The Cincinatti vs UCF game drew 3 million viewers vs Kansas-Oklahoma 2.6 million viewers. Now let's do some math:

3 million (UCF vs Cinci) > 2.6 million (Kansas vs Oklahoma) and $5 cost is less than $25 cost. While I fully recognize this is simply one sample size, my point is the potential is there that what ESPN pays versus the viewership it brings in from the top teams in the AAC is not too far from the B12 and in some instances - better. Yet at 1/5th the cost.

Proof:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-aac-revenue-20180531-story.html
The conference reported $74.47 million in total revenue for the 2016-17 fiscal year, the most recent documents available and obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/06/01/big-12-reports-365m-revenue-increases-for-12th-year-in-row/35586353/
Big 12 reports total revenue of $365 million for academic year

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-football-news-1119-story.html

According to ESPN, its College GameDay show from Memory Mall on campus, drew a 1.4 overnight rating, which was up 8 percent from last year’s show at this time. In Orlando, the show earned a 3.9 overnight rating, tying the market’s best rating for the pre-game show since 2010.

ABC’s broadcast of the No. 11 UCF versus No. 24 Cincinnati game from Spectrum Stadium was the highest rated primetime college football game of the week, delivering a 2.3 overnight television rating.
According to tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com,the game delivered more than 3 million viewers.

For example, the Kansas-Oklahoma game on Fox Sports at the same time drew just 2.6 million viewers.

More proof:

https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/2017/11/26/17970488/friday-s-war-on-i-4-between-ucf-and-usf-grabs-monster-tv-rating

USF at UCF on ABC 11/24/17 4.6 Million Viewers (3.2) Rating

Edited by Meeps
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

And G5 will lose that. 

Maybe/maybe not...at that point they would have nothing to loose. The G5ckukd also threaten to not play them in MBB too.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

at that point they would have nothing to loose (sic)

What is there to lose now?  Why not sue now and get it over with?  

IF UCF would stop pretending they are champs and drop a lawsuit, I'd start following them more closely.  Until then, they're just fabricators, fantasizers and filibusterers....  as are the rest of the G5 that think they are something more.

6 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Ok let's suppose we have two lemon stands selling lemonade. One's cost per lemonade is $25 per cup (B12). The other's cost is charging $5 per cup (AAC). The B12 makes $365 million/year the AAC made $74.47 million. That's 5x the money the AAC hence the $25:$5 cost comparison.

The Cincinatti vs UCF game drew 3 million viewers vs Kansas-Oklahoma 2.6 million viewers. Now let's do some math:

3 million (UCF vs Cinci) > 2.6 million (Kansas vs Oklahoma) and $5 cost is less than $25 cost. While I fully recognize this is simply one sample size, my point is the potential is there that what ESPN pays versus the viewership it brings in from the top teams in the AAC is not too far from the B12 and in some instances - better. Yet at 1/5th the cost.

Proof:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-aac-revenue-20180531-story.html
The conference reported $74.47 million in total revenue for the 2016-17 fiscal year, the most recent documents available and obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/06/01/big-12-reports-365m-revenue-increases-for-12th-year-in-row/35586353/
Big 12 reports total revenue of $365 million for academic year

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/knights-notepad/os-sp-football-news-1119-story.html

According to ESPN, its College GameDay show from Memory Mall on campus, drew a 1.4 overnight rating, which was up 8 percent from last year’s show at this time. In Orlando, the show earned a 3.9 overnight rating, tying the market’s best rating for the pre-game show since 2010.

ABC’s broadcast of the No. 11 UCF versus No. 24 Cincinnati game from Spectrum Stadium was the highest rated primetime college football game of the week, delivering a 2.3 overnight television rating.
According to tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com,the game delivered more than 3 million viewers.

For example, the Kansas-Oklahoma game on Fox Sports at the same time drew just 2.6 million viewers.

More proof:

https://www.blackandgoldbanneret.com/2017/11/26/17970488/friday-s-war-on-i-4-between-ucf-and-usf-grabs-monster-tv-rating

USF at UCF on ABC 11/24/17 4.6 Million Viewers (3.2) Rating

What exactly does this prove besides the fact that the big conference make a ton more money than the AAC and that AAc is dropping in revenue. Show me the ratio that says the AAC brought ESPN more revenue per game televised the the big conferences. Also, you have to reference more than one game. What was the average viewing for AAC games vs the SEC? 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

THAT'S your "actual game data" you're using to support this?? While Brass pretty much already punched holes in that, here's some more data that supports most people's eye test. Even Massey dosn't have your back any longer ...

Yeah. That's the data i'm using because that's the only head to head comparison that one can possibly make that has real world application. The rest are paper statistics that have little practical meaning. On paper, Purdue shouldn't have beat tOSU, on paper - tOSU shouldn't have beat Alabama with a backup quarterback and the list goes on. Football was meant to be played on the field. Not in some algorithm that statistically prevents anyone but top brand names playing top brand names out of it.

Show me where UCF was ranked higher than Auburn in these computer polls prior to them playing each other. Show me where Boise was ranked higher than the ones they defeated in their BCS bowls prior to them playing. You can't but that didn't stop reality from happening.

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Maybe/maybe not...at that point they would have nothing to loose. The G5ckukd also threaten to not play them in MBB too.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

What is there to lose now?  Why not sue now and get it over with?  

IF UCF would stop pretending they are champs and drop a lawsuit, I'd start following them more closely.  Until then, they're just fabricators, fantasizers and filibusterers....  as are the rest of the G5 that think they are something more.

Another question is on what grounds. All the P5 has to do is threaten leave the NCAA and start their own governing body, I think the NCAA would do whatever it took to work with them. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, I don't know what grounds exactly, but if someone really believes there is a lawsuit to be had it would have/should have come forward based on the thinking of the UCF crowd.  Guess not.