• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Not Even a Mention

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and guess what? ucf will be going to the bowl that they are tied to which is the NY6 bowl. they shouldn't be ********. they are not one of the "best" 4 teams in college football with or without Milton.

who should they replace? undefeated alabama? undefeated clemson? undefeated ND? 1 loss OU? 1 loss OSU? hell even 2 loss georgia deserves it more.

Reading is fundamental.  I never mentioned they are one of the 4 best teams.  My point was they were not mentioned and should be.

I'll say this, I know the team's that will be picked want no part of UCF especially with a healthy MM.  They don't want to schedule them and sure don't want to see them in a playoff game.

As for Toledo in 1969 I'd say "Good morning Rip Van Winkle".

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

UCF comes from behind in the AAC Championship vs Memphis with a back-up QB who is not even in the same realm as Jalon Hurts.  They run the table for the second year in a row and they don't even get a mention from any of the main stream sports outlets beyond their QB MM being hurt. Think college football is an equal playing field?  I don't know if UCF is one of the best 4 teams in the country, but no one has beaten them in two straight years.  

Any non-P5 team could run the table and win every game 100 - 0 and not even get a sniff of the CFP.  This is why, other than USF, I could care less about CFB.  I was once a rabid fan of CFB and couldn't get enough, now, who cares.  CFB has taken the greatest sports product in the U.S. and marginalized it for me.  

There are six or seven schools that matter in college football.  Everyone else is an also-ran on their best day.

Go Bulls!

Tell me another team in the country that has had multiple games where the refs gave them multiple game changing penalties...Temple, Mephis twice..with the help of the refs they still barely beat these teams...also, look at their overall schedule...no, they absolutely don't deserve a top 4 ranking 

Edited by bullsonparade

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Reading is fundamental.  I never mentioned they are one of the 4 best teams.  My point was they were not mentioned and should be.

I'll say this, I know the team's that will be picked want no part of UCF especially with a healthy MM.  They don't want to schedule them and sure don't want to see them in a playoff game.

As for Toledo in 1969 I'd say "Good morning Rip Van Winkle".

Go Bulls!

reading is definitely fundamental. I suggest you try it.

I quoted Apis who said they try to match the 4 best teams now. UCF isn't one of the 4 best teams. not even close.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

27 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and guess what? ucf will be going to the bowl that they are tied to which is the NY6 bowl. they shouldn't be ********. they are not one of the "best" 4 teams in college football with or without Milton.

who should they replace? undefeated alabama? undefeated clemson? undefeated ND? 1 loss OU? 1 loss OSU? hell even 2 loss georgia deserves it more.

That's fine if you feel that way.  I was just pointing out that you used a poor example.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

UCF isn't one of the 4 best teams. not even close.

See here's the crux.  That's your opinion.  You may be right, but there's is no way to know that for sure.  They've beaten every team they've payed for two seasons.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,951
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

Spoken like a true ESPN analyst. It's amazing how effective their dribble is that you actually believe that. Then again, if usf actually ran the table two years in a row - you absolutely would not be saying that.

I would.  There is no way running the table (the kiddie table) is the same as the P5.  That, would be unfair.  Nothing schedules get you nothing.  UCF's run is fun, but empty and meaningless.  Wait til someone in C-USA or Sun Belt runs their table.  

If there is any unfairness, it is you don't get to play in their conference with their schedules and see how you fare.  But to cry about not being in the big league's playoff is misplaced.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,435
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

We lack the fortitude to ever do that. 

And if we play a schedule like ucf did this year, no we wouldn't deserve a playoff spot. 

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

if usf actually ran the table two years in a row - you absolutely would not be saying that.

Not sure if DPM would or not but I'm sure we would have the delusional portion of our fan base saying that. If we played the same type schedule y'all did this year, in a 4 team playoff scenario, they would be just as wrong as you are now ..... awesome year but you're not worthy.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

See here's the crux.  That's your opinion.  You may be right, but there's is no way to know that for sure.  They've beaten every team they've payed for two seasons.

you're right. and the opinion of the playoff committee which is all that matters. compare their schedules and records with those of the current top 4 teams and tell me that they without a doubt belong.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

I would.  There is no way running the table (the kiddie table) is the same as the P5.  That, would be unfair.  Nothing schedules get you nothing.  UCF's run is fun, but empty and meaningless.  Wait til someone in C-USA or Sun Belt runs their table.  

If there is any unfairness, it is you don't get to play in their conference with their schedules and see how you fare.  But to cry about not being in the big league's playoff is misplaced.  

That could be said at any level with any program.  So, if your HS team in any sport is anything less that 6A or the highest level your achievements are meaningless and hollow.  That’s a ridiculous argument.  

UCF has had an amazing run and it continues.  Good for them. 

Go Bulls!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

So what is the point in playing in Division I football? By your very definition, usf literally has no chance to make the playoffs. The strength of record as the sole evidence a team is undeserving to be in the playoffs only holds up when a team has yet to prove they are the real deal.

That was answered when they beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl. While the Auburn win doesn't necessarily count for the 2018 football schedule - that was the eye test right there. When most of your team is returning the following season including your star QB, they deserve the benefit of the doubt. If a MAC or CUSA team goes undefeated and soundly beats a top team in their bowl then they deserve the benefit of the doubt the following season. When a team loses said star QB and performs better than they did initially (Memphis #1 win) with the star QB, they again deserve the benefit of the doubt.

UCF decimated Pitt who went on to play in the ACC title game by approximately the same margin Clemson did. Notre Dame almost lost to that same Pitt team. Both Clemson and Pitt are playing in the CFP.

Clemson's signature win was 7-5 Boston College. You can drink all the ESPN koolaid all you want, but both ND and Clemson's schedule are artificially inflated to look better than they really are and the misinformed sheep willingly believe that is not the case. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, however wrong it is.

• Crying 1