• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kelly sticks with Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, michibull said:

The core was very much intact. For the exception of Dunn, Green, 2 OL and 1 DL, it was essentially the same team....... oh, but it is son. Dungy built the team, 

Look it up, there were numerous new starters and if you want to talk about "building" the team.  Dungy inherited Sapp and Brooks, the heart and soul of that defense, from Sam Wyche.  It's an ignorant statement and even more ignorant to try and support it.

(yes, Manning had a large part to play). 

You think?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I’m just glad we are building are athletics philosophy off some 90’s middle school teacher’s poster of a cat dangling from a tree.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Look it up, there were numerous new starters and if you want to talk about "building" the team.  Dungy inherited Sapp and Brooks, the heart and soul of that defense, from Sam Wyche.  It's an ignorant statement and even more ignorant to try and support it.

I did look it up, that's how I pointed out Dunn, Green, 2 OL and a DL. Brooks and Sapp are what you get when you go 5-11. You want support, every single coach that comes in and year one, there are changes, but we always say the the team is inherited by the previous coach. Dungy was here for 5 years, it was his team and the team he built; he took what Wyche built and Gruden got what Dungy built. Strong got what Taggart built, Taggart got what Holtz built and Holtz got what Leavitt built. If you can't see the logic and reasoning in this, you my friend are incapable of seeing another persons point of view and that is someone that cannot have a rational conversation. 

12 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

How many Super Bowls did he win with the Bucs?

What is your point for this statement? I'm not saying your wrong or anything like that, just confused. Are you saying because he didn't win here that we don't know if his system would have been successful or that he couldn't have won without Peyton Manning? Either way I don't think it's conclusive. Belichek was a failure in Cleveland, but when he got Brady look what happened; is it Brady or Belichek, that's a discussion that will go on forever. What we do know is Tampa was one of the worst organizations in football and when Dungy got here, it really turned around. In Indianapolis, the Colts under Mora/Manning were 32-32, I think history speaks for itself when it comes to Dungy/Manning and their success. 

Edited by michibull

11 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You think?

Manning with Jim Mora as the coach was 32-32, Manning with Dungy is slightly better. So let's not go saying Dungy had no effect on Manning. 

I did look it up, that's how I pointed out Dunn, Green, 2 OL and a DL. Brooks and Sapp are what you get when you go 5-11. You want support, every single coach that comes in and year one, there are changes, but we always say the the team is inherited by the previous coach. Dungy was here for 5 years, it was his team and the team he built; he took what Wyche built and Gruden got what Dungy built. Strong got what Taggart built, Taggart got what Holtz built and Holtz got what Leavitt built. If you can't see the logic and reasoning in this, you my friend are incapable of seeing another persons point of view and that is someone that cannot have a rational conversation. 

9 new starters.  There were 9 new starters.  Almost half the team.  9.  Gruden was the coach.  Gruden got the team over the hump.  Both sides of the ball were more aggressive under Gruden.  Gruden's team won the Super Bowl not Dungy's

52 minutes ago, michibull said:

Manning with Jim Mora as the coach was 32-32, Manning with Dungy is slightly better. So let's not go saying Dungy had no effect on Manning. 

Mora's team . 🙄

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

So is STRONGS team better than Willie's team? Are either of them better than Leavitt's program? No we regressed and we need to get over the hump. Who takes us back? Where is the fire and intensity now? I hate UCF but watching them comeback against MEMPHIS and play with intensity and passion shows that we lack it. We need the SWAGGER, aggressiveness, intensity, passion, fire in our bellies, or whatever you want to call it back. We are too laid back and just  lackadaisical  on the field now.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

24 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

So is STRONGS team better than Willie's team? Are either of them better than Leavitt's program? No we regressed and we need to get over the hump. Who takes us back? Where is the fire and intensity now? I hate UCF but watching them comeback against MEMPHIS and play with intensity and passion shows that we lack it. We need the SWAGGER, aggressiveness, intensity, passion, fire in our bellies, or whatever you want to call it back. We are too laid back and just  lackadaisical  on the field now.

Maybe, but what we really need are a few true linebackers and about 3 to 4 more seconds for Blake in the pocket. We win 10 games easy with those 2 things.