• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kelly sticks with Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

I have the feeling they don’t want to get rid of him. I truly think this is going to be the classic CCS “demotion” play where King and Gilbert switch spots, a guy like Burke gets the axe and we bring in a new ST guy. 

That’s seeming very realistic. “Assigning new roles.” I don’t see how that would go over well with staff chemistry. Also don’t know how much of a change we’d actually see on offense. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

That’s seeming very realistic. “Assigning new roles.” I don’t see how that would go over well with staff chemistry. Also don’t know how much of a change we’d actually see on offense. 

Charlie did this with Bedford at Texas mid-season, however it was CCS taking over the reins as “DC” and simply moving Bedford back to a position coach. 

I agree, this would be less than ideal and likely would result in much change schematically. The issue on that side of the ball is much deeper than simply moving a couple of pawns around. This is a philosophical issue 

3 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Charlie did this with Bedford at Texas mid-season, however it was CCS taking over the reins as “DC” and simply moving Bedford back to a position coach. 

I agree, this would be less than ideal and likely would result in much change schematically. The issue on that side of the ball is much deeper than simply moving a couple of pawns around. This is a philosophical issue 

It’s very much a philosophical issue. I’m not buying it being a talent issue. I think we need a whole new scheme and something that fits our players way better and gets them out into space. So much talent was wasted this year and nobody seemed to improve on the offensive side of the ball.  I understand that running the ball can open up the pass game, but when you only throw two types of passes with zero adjustments every team in the world has your number before the first snap. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

It’s very much a philosophical issue. I’m not buying it being a talent issue. I think we need a whole new scheme and something that fits our players way better and gets them out into space. So much talent was wasted this year and nobody seemed to improve on the offensive side of the ball.  I understand that running the ball can open up the pass game, but when you only throw two types of passes with zero adjustments every team in the world has your number before the first snap. 

As much as I want to believe things can be fixed with a fresh OC, the benching of Mazzi Wilkins in favor of Jaymon Thomas at boundary CB still has me pissed off. Mazzi has been lock down and you replace him with a tight hipped, back up FS for 2 inches. He then gives up 2 TDs and you go back to your #1 CB

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

As much as I want to believe things can be fixed with a fresh OC, the benching of Mazzi Wilkins in favor of Jaymon Thomas at boundary CB still has me pissed off. Mazzi has been lock down and you replace him with a tight hipped, back up FS for 2 inches. He then gives up 2 TDs and you go back to your #1 CB

Doesn’t make sense. I also want to know what the heck happened to Elijah Mack. He had so much hype coming into this season and then missed 90% of it for “undisclosed” reasons. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

32 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Doesn’t make sense. I also want to know what the heck happened to Elijah Mack. He had so much hype coming into this season and then missed 90% of it for “undisclosed” reasons. 

Johnny Ford is Charlie's guy. Cronkite was the horse but Charlie loves Johnny because he is TEAM CHARLIE.

23 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Johnny Ford is Charlie's guy. Cronkite was the horse but Charlie loves Johnny because he is TEAM CHARLIE.

I’ve noticed that. I do appreciate it when players show respect to their coaches, though. Too bad it doesn’t seem that way when the roles are reversed. 

17 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If I were a betting person, I'd bet on no changes in personnel or their duties.

If I were a betting person and that actually does happen, I’d say

1. You’ll probably see the biggest decline in ticket sales that you’ve seen in a long time, and

2. Someone will probably be out of a head coaching job by the end of next season. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

25 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

If I were a betting person and that actually does happen, I’d say

1. You’ll probably see the biggest decline in ticket sales that you’ve seen in a long time, and

2. Someone will probably be out of a head coaching job by the end of next season. 

Keep calm and play to your strengths. Especially if vanilla offense and runs up the middle are your strengths. Despite the actual strengths of your players.

I'm just guessing the contract has us totally handcuffed and we're just screwed. I'm just hoping Horne is 100%, and Ford/Bell/Cronk tear it up. Charlie will have graduated a lot of the players that aren't his guys so maybe it'll get better. But I don't ever see his style appealing to the area and selling tickets.

Edited by George_Bullnard_Shaw