• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Tech Wants Mike Leach Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CJL is definitely better than CSH...that is as far  as I shall go with this subject lol

So you can’t admit that someone who grew a program from nothing and coached in better conferences to a better record and bowl victories is better than someone that has a sub .500 record not just here but in his entire coaching history and has managed exactly zero bowl victories? What one accomplishment can anyone point to that would put CWT above CJL because there are hundreds that point the opposite direction. When CWT needed a DC he hired CJL at one of the highest salaries for a college assistant, I don’t see any way that goes the opposite direction especially with CWT being relieved of his playcalling duties on his own team in his first year.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,535
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

So you can’t admit that someone who grew a program from nothing and coached in better conferences to a better record and bowl victories is better than someone that has a sub .500 record not just here but in his entire coaching history and has managed exactly zero bowl victories? What one accomplishment can anyone point to that would put CWT above CJL because there are hundreds that point the opposite direction. When CWT needed a DC he hired CJL at one of the highest salaries for a college assistant, I don’t see any way that goes the opposite direction especially with CWT being relieved of his playcalling duties on his own team in his first year.

Bruuuhhhh, Im not going back and 4th on this subject anymore lol lets just agree to disagree. All I know is CJL never won more than 9 games in a football season and only think he did it twice. Every other season was 8 wins or less. Taggart has won 10, even w/o coaching for the bowl game. 

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Bruuuhhhh, Im not going back and 4th on this subject anymore lol lets just agree to disagree. All I know is CJL never won more than 9 games in a football season and only think he did it twice. Every other season was 8 wins or less. Taggart has won 10, even w/o coaching for the bowl game. 

But CJL also never lost 10 games and CWT did that one time in the AAC. Do you honestly think what appears to be an aberration speaks more to someone’s ability more than the aggregate of their performance? I’m not trying to fight but I just don’t see how that can possibly be true. It’s like the one time my friend was watching some other kids play street fighter and they were really into it so he didn’t play but took a turn. He just mashed buttons and magically won so he refused to play again and still to this day tell them about how much better he is as the game than them even though no one believes it including him. Or I have a son and a step daughter and step son. My step daughter and my son are into Harry Potter and my step son has never seen a movie. They all competed with a crowd at some event at Universal on Harry Potter trivia and he magically won by randomly pushing the answer buttons, so we all always joke about how he is the Harry Potter expert. People have random success all of time as well as random failures. CWT is no more a 2-10 coach than he is a 10-2 coach but he is a sub .500 coach because that’s what the law of averages says that he is and if you play enough games it’s usually right. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,535
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But CJL also never lost 10 games and CWT did that one time in the AAC. Do you honestly think what appears to be an aberration speaks more to someone’s ability more than the aggregate of their performance? I’m not trying to fight but I just don’t see how that can possibly be true. It’s like the one time my friend was watching some other kids play street fighter and they were really into it so he didn’t play but took a turn. He just mashed buttons and magically won so he refused to play again and still to this day tell them about how much better he is as the game than them even though no one believes it including him. Or I have a son and a step daughter and step son. My step daughter and my son are into Harry Potter and my step son has never seen a movie. They all competed with a crowd at some event at Universal on Harry Potter trivia and he magically won by randomly pushing the answer buttons, so we all always joke about how he is the Harry Potter expert. People have random success all of time as well as random failures. CWT is no more a 2-10 coach than he is a 10-2 coach but he is a sub .500 coach because that’s what the law of averages says that he is and if you play enough games it’s usually right. 

He won 8/9 games a year for 4 years str8 in the Big east. Went 6-6 his first year. He was 8-8 in CUSA. Facts are facts, he beat a few ranked teams, but never came close to a conference title and usually had to win a bowl game to get to his 8th or 9th win. It is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He won 8/9 games a year for 4 years str8 in the Big east. Went 6-6 his first year. He was 8-8 in CUSA. Facts are facts, he beat a few ranked teams, but never came close to a conference title and usually had to win a bowl game to get to his 8th or 9th win. It is what it is. 

But no one is disputing those things but the fact still remains that this is better then CWT’s career both here and elsewhere. Where he didn’t win Conference titles, didn’t win bowl games, didn’t go above .500 and didn’t have big wins in either the conference (in all fairness to him there is no such thing as a big AAC win) or outside of it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,443
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

It feels like only yesterday we were on top of the world and it felt like the sky was the limit.

It was only 10 seasons ago sir and three different coaches.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Who would have thought a Mike Leach to TTU thread would have garnered 22 pages?!?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, usf97 said:

Who would have thought a Mike Leach to TTU thread would have garnered 22 pages?!?

I was kind of thinking the same thing. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

It's actually my favorite thread in a while.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

I'm more surprised it has an 8 page lead on the sandwich discussion.