• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Tech Wants Mike Leach Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Did pcbull quit the board over this? I feel bad if I contributed to that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

33 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I wouldn't.  If anyone quits a message board for innocuous, non-personal debate ... Well, bye.

Just now, GaUSFBull said:

I wouldn't.  If anyone quits a message board for innocuous, non-personal debate ... Well, bye.

I just feel bad because I should have assumed a pcbull would be more sensitive than a standard bull.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I just feel bad because I should have assumed a pcbull would be more sensitive than a standard bull.

You're a better man than me ...

9 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You're a better man than me ...

Probably not...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

55 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He did not.  He and I have had an ongoing discussion following his request to have me delete his account beginning 4-5 weeks ago.  In order to keep his privacy I'll provide no more.  He wished again that I would close it.  It had nothing to do with this conversation.  It's not an overreaction or anything like that.  Coincidental, at best.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

He did not.  He and I have had an ongoing discussion following his request to have me delete his account beginning 4-5 weeks ago.  In order to keep his privacy I'll provide no more.  He wished again that I would close it.  It had nothing to do with this conversation.  It's not an overreaction or anything like that.  Coincidental, at best.

Oh okay well I wish him the best either way and trust he has his logical reasons that make more sense than his CJL opinions.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,148
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, Brad said:

:roflmao:

Just like lies told by Joel Miller to ESPN and the lie that Leavitt said he was “the most powerful man in the building”. It’s whose lies you choose to believe.  Had we had a more experienced AD/Prez/Program we could have survived the Miller/McMurphy tales.  But in reality, those in power wanted him gone.  They didn’t think, at the time, they were killing the golden goose.  The last decade suggests they did.  

B: Although I will always admire and very much appreciate the job Jim did for us - pretty incredible really - you know I was very much on the front lines during those days. I spent a good amount of time around him and Jim was - and probably still is - a real jerk. There's no way to get around that. When the story that led to his demise came out, none of us who had been around him were even a little surprised, that's for sure. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

10 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

B: Although I will always admire and very much appreciate the job Jim did for us - pretty incredible really - you know I was very much on the front lines during those days. I spent a good amount of time around him and Jim was - and probably still is - a real jerk. There's no way to get around that. When the story that led to his demise came out, none of us who had been around him were even a little surprised, that's for sure. 

Dave, I can believe that.  @The Sheriff has told us stories about how he ran the coaching staff into the ground and didn't treat walk-ons (like The Sheriff) the same as scholarship guys and would blame them for stuff.  We know he hated McMurphy.  No one considers Leavitt an angel by any means.  There are some real dicks at my Fortune 500 company, but they get the job done and are in no danger of losing their jobs because they run others into the ground, or act like complete *****.

But I'm also someone who believes in doing the right thing.  I don't think USF did that.

Facts are facts.  Erskin had an ax to grind, above all McMurphy had an ax to grind.  I know a "fan-favorite" player who was grinding an ax, but won't name him here.  USF was far too quick to, what they thought at that time, to "capitalize" on the situation.  Rather than question the sources, veracity, timing and confluence of all these alleged incidents, they went for the throat.

I have stated this before: I was even asked by someone relatively high up in the admin what my reaction would be, what I thought if they ****canned Leavitt.  I felt it was a fishing expedition, to test the waters.  At the time of course, this board was significantly more populated and had significantly more traffic.  The program was alive.  I told them I thought it would kill the program.  Maybe that was a little dramatic.  I suggested they work it through (like any other school).  They did not.  Chose not to.  Lied themselves with the "independent investigator" they had on staff to do their dirty work.  So I balance out Jim's crazy ass style with my knowledge of cunning people in power and believe there is a lot we ought to know, but don't. 

Another thing I said, not too long ago, is Greg should write a book about this - unfortunately no one would buy it.  Well, maybe one third to one half of the remaining fans - so that's probably not enough.  You are another guy that could do something like that.  After all these years, the "truth" would be something refreshing.  I know a lot of the donors that were investing at that time are long, ******* gone.  Would be fun to talk to.  Same with the players.

And **** it, I had finally buried all this in the deep recesses of my frail memory.   It just shows how impactful Doug and Judy were to this program and its fans.  

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, Brad said:

They didn’t think, at the time, they were killing the golden goose.  The last decade suggests they did.

The golden goose was the Big East. CJL was more a golden gosling .... or, more accurately, the Founding Father of USF football.