• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Tech Wants Mike Leach Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Yeah, the Colorado job is better for him. Not having to deal with Oklahoma and a rising Texas is a plus. 

Okie State and TCU too.  Also, looks like Rhule has Baylor moving in the right direction....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

He's held in high regard as a head coach by USF fans because of BUILDING the program, setting the foundation, and bringing USF into the national college football picture. He represents the best times of USF football. Some, however, take it a step further and think his firing was the worst thing that ever happened to USF football. It's not. The worst thing was having the BCS rug pulled out from under us after the fanbase had gotten used to living in that high rent section of college football ......

I'd suggest you give up this quest ... especially after your math skills let you down horribly.

I think most everyone would agree that losing the BCS status and being relegated to the minor leagues of the AAC is the single worst thing that has happened to our program. The reasons it may appear that some think it was CJL's dismissal are as follows:

1) it came first so people see it as the beginning of what eventually followed (even if there is little to no chance that it would have made a difference). 

2) it was entirely self inflicted and unnecessary where as if we were asked would we like to stay in the big leagues there is probably at least a 50% chance Doug and Judy would have said yes, but unfortunately no one asked so we may never know

3) there are only about three people in the world that try to pretend they like the AAC over the Big East where as there are a sizable number of vocal people that try to pretend some of the coaches that followed CJL were somehow better despite any and all evidence to the contrary 

4) the Big East is dead and its actually impossible to go back where as CJL is just highly improbable 

5) its probably the most interesting debate we have to talk about and its a polarizing subject for whatever reason

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Its called don't lie and you keep your job

:roflmao:

Just like lies told by Joel Miller to ESPN and the lie that Leavitt said he was “the most powerful man in the building”. It’s whose lies you choose to believe.  Had we had a more experienced AD/Prez/Program we could have survived the Miller/McMurphy tales.  But in reality, those in power wanted him gone.  They didn’t think, at the time, they were killing the golden goose.  The last decade suggests they did.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Its called don't lie and you keep your job

So what lie specifically merited termination? And do you believe USF has fired any and all people caught lying at work? Do you think every employer's only recourse to lying is termination? If some donors were not vocal about "plateauing" do you believe we would have found CJL guilty of egregious lying that merited termination? Is OSU less of an institution of integrity because they found Brett's smear job of Meyer to only merit 3 games worth of suspension? CJL wasn't fired for lying, it was an investigation in search of a reason because some people thought we could do better and they have been proven wrong time and time again. Pretending that the firing was on virtuous grounds is just simply disingenuous. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
10 minutes ago, Brad said:

:roflmao:

Just like lies told by Joel Miller to ESPN and the lie that Leavitt said he was “the most powerful man in the building”. It’s whose lies you choose to believe.  Had we had a more experienced AD/Prez/Program we could have survived the Miller/McMurphy tales.  But in reality, those in power wanted him gone.  They didn’t think, at the time, they were killing the golden goose.  The last decade suggests they did.  

What Golden Goose? Going 8-5? Being out coaches to shut outs. Coaching a team that always got worse as the season went on? What exactly is this Golden Goose you speak of? 

Don't lie you keep your job, when someone ask you a question tell the truth.  Leadership did exactly what they should've done. One man does not make a University and his firing was not the death of the program. Look in the mirror for any fans pointing fingers. 

Guest PCBull14
13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So what lie specifically merited termination? And do you believe USF has fired any and all people caught lying at work? Do you think every employer's only recourse to lying is termination? If some donors were not vocal about "plateauing" do you believe we would have found CJL guilty of egregious lying that merited termination? Is OSU less of an institution of integrity because they found Brett's smear job of Meyer to only merit 3 games worth of suspension? CJL wasn't fired for lying, it was an investigation in search of a reason because some people thought we could do better and they have been proven wrong time and time again. Pretending that the firing was on virtuous grounds is just simply disingenuous. 

No I don't actually so you can make a claim to that. I can speak from experience considering myself and others were bullied by a tenured staff member. It was reported and nothing happened. I can only assume what was told. 

I don't agree with everything that has happened or will happen at USF. But in the case of Leavitt, what was done is exactly what should've been done. 

1 minute ago, PCBull14 said:

No I don't actually so you can make a claim to that. I can speak from experience considering myself and others were bullied by a tenured staff member. It was reported and nothing happened. I can only assume what was told. 

I don't agree with everything that has happened or will happen at USF. But in the case of Leavitt, what was done is exactly what should've been done. 

So what was the egregious lie that merited USF to take action this time? As you freely admitted lying at USF is not an automatic grounds for termination. So what was this bombastic lie that in and of itself could not be handled any other way than by termination?

7 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

What Golden Goose? 

Couldn’t read more than that silly question, sorry.

What do you think got all programs into the Big East and grew the money that built all the facilities?  What do you think took USF to its highest level athletically ever?  What got USF some national discussion?  It wasn’t the oboists down the road.

Time for alleged bullying victims to unite against a boogeyman.

We’re in repeat mode for sure.

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, puc86 said:

So what was the egregious lie that merited USF to take action this time? As you freely admitted lying at USF is not an automatic grounds for termination. So what was this bombastic lie that in and of itself could not be handled any other way than by termination?

Freely admitted(also known as, justifying my stance with a personal situation to back up my point). I can see that was a bad choice on my part. It's my belief in that personal situation I encountered. The blatant racist comments made about a close friend of mine by USF Athletics staff while I interned there... because the individual was from a different country then America. That changed the way I look at many things associated with USF. Another reported incident covered up by the way. 

I love the Green and Gold but it certainly doesn't have the stranglehold on my heart it used to because of how I and others were treated there.  I call it how I see it. Lying SHOULD be grounds for termination, but I don't run the University.