• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Tech Wants Mike Leach Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

When a British soccer team gets relegated there's still lots to cheer for, you have the shot to win the lower league and get back into the upper division. We're relegated with no path back up and the local community is justifiably not supporting minor league college ball after having seen USF in the major leagues. It really was a stake in the heart through the program.

It’s been pretty rough I can’t imagine what it will be like if we miss this next and possibly last round of expansion while others get in. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

B: Although I will always admire and very much appreciate the job Jim did for us - pretty incredible really - you know I was very much on the front lines during those days. I spent a good amount of time around him and Jim was - and probably still is - a real jerk. There's no way to get around that. When the story that led to his demise came out, none of us who had been around him were even a little surprised, that's for sure. 

When I worked at the college of medicine I worked with some of the Athletic Training faculty. Not a good word to say about Leavitt. The term "maniac", "anger issues" and "insane" were often used. Jim had a thousand ways to remain employed, admit it, get anger counseling. He chose that hill to die on and interfered in the investigation. Open and shut.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

In answer to your last question, unless we have an ocs with CJL’s name on it, the answer is Judy. 

One word.

PRE-EMINENT!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Speaking of soccer, did anyone see this article about a team in Ireland faking a death to get out of playing a match? 

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/irish-soccer-team-apologizes-for-faking-players-death-to-get-out-of-playing-a-match/

I think they were onto something there.  USF should investigate this further. :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

Speaking of soccer, did anyone see this article about a team in Ireland faking a death to get out of playing a match? 

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/irish-soccer-team-apologizes-for-faking-players-death-to-get-out-of-playing-a-match/

I think they were onto something there.  USF should investigate this further. :thumbsup:

But lying should lead to firing, if we hire GOL we wouldn’t have to lie. I mean sure a kid would have to die but clearly lying is worse than that.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s been pretty rough I can’t imagine what it will be like if we miss this next and possibly last round of expansion while others get in. 

Fold the program. It's like Major Junior hockey where I grew up. Don Cherry said "Small towns support those teams, that's where the world championship should be held.". Same goes for the non-P5 conferences. Smaller towns come out for CUSA etc. but Tampa isn't going to come out for that level of football. We'll have 5,000 in the seats at RayJay.

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

One word.

PRE-EMINENT!

I think preeminent is more important but I think 99.9% of people have no idea what it is and know more about the football program.

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Fold the program. It's like Major Junior hockey where I grew up. Don Cherry said "Small towns support those teams, that's where the world championship should be held.". Same goes for the non-P5 conferences. Smaller towns come out for CUSA etc. but Tampa isn't going to come out for that level of football. We'll have 5,000 in the seats at RayJay.

It feels like only yesterday we were on top of the world and it felt like the sky was the limit.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think preeminent is more important but I think 99.9% of people have no idea what it is and know more about the football program.

An indictment of our species. :(

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

An indictment of our species. :(

Wwwwwwweeeeeellllllllllll when you think about it, it means absolutely nothing to anyone outside of the state. Also nothing to anyone not associated to a public school in the state, nothing to anyone associated to a public school not close to the metrics, nothing to UF or FSU who just call it everyday life for their history and probably don’t recognize it was named and has actual metrics and not a whole lot to anyone that’s moved on from USF until public perception aligns with preeminence. It’s extremely important and hopefully translates to great things for our university but most people have little reason to care about it and it’s hardly an indictment on our species that they don’t.