• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I can’t read all of it. Did it guarantee his whole paycheck?

Didnt say exact buyout amount..but said salary goes to $2.5 million for 2019.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

32 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

And this why USF will continue to suck.

Let's see how season plays out. Less than 7 wins he needs to be canned if I had a say. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

So not only did Usf sign a failed older re tread...we signed a bad deal for us.  I guess we should be happy we didnt give him a 4 year extension after his first year. 

Texas had to sign off on the deal in order for him to keep his buy out money which subsidized him here. It was probably the UT lawyers and Charlie's agent that worked this up to ensure we didn't keep him for 2 subsidized years then fire him. Harlan probably gambled that with the team Strong inherited it would be likely he's back in the P5 before we have to pay all of it and at worst we pay him his salary for a winning football team. Probably never dreamed he'd(because he was probably already looking) have to deal with such a huge buyout or that USF would whether Harlan was here or not.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

If you think we have it bad, look at what FSU has to contend with......

Plenty of Florida State fans would love to fire Taggart right this instant, but it’s not realistic financially. His buyout reportedly would be $17 million, which is crazy money, especially given what it would take to buy out the rest of the staff and then hire an entire new staff.

Unless the school holds the most lucrative bake sale in history to raise money for that buyout, they’re stuck with Taggart. Make the best of it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 hours ago, MikeG said:

If you think we have it bad, look at what FSU has to contend with......

FSU will be just fine. 1 game into his 2nd year and they look worlds better than us.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Willie has this season. They looked good for 30 minutes. If they can get 60 minutes out of everyone involved they will be fine. 

Charlie needs to right out ship right now. We looked good for 0 minutes. That means everyone involved needs to find 60 minutes of good play and coaching. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Willie has this season. They looked good for 30 minutes. If they can get 60 minutes out of everyone involved they will be fine. 

Charlie needs to right out ship right now. We looked good for 0 minutes. That means everyone involved needs to find 60 minutes of good play and coaching. 

You are missing that they have expectations and actual big money donors so it’s not exactly an exact comparison on good minutes vs bad. If CCS was coaching at FSU he may have been fired by now while at USF he gets a bit more time. If CWT is relying on 30 minutes and then dehydration set in to get him more time he may want to start polishing his resume. FSU maybe his dream job but nightmares are a form of dreams too and so far his reign there has been nothing short of it and he has burned all of his honeymoon period. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

It is typical human nature. When things are wrong we look back to when they were right. "We need CWT back." or further back "Bring back Leavitt" That is not how you fix things. Also dumping a coach with a payout means you can afford to pay less for your next coach and in our case that means a low tier coach. I like Strong and I want him to succeed. Yes the Wisconsin game was a **** show but seriously we have a new OC and a solid coach. Let them figure this out. A win against GT this weekend and maybe an AAC title makes this a good season in my mind. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are missing that they have expectations and actual big money donors so it’s not exactly an exact comparison on good minutes vs bad. If CCS was coaching at FSU he may have been fired by now while at USF he gets a bit more time. If CWT is relying on 30 minutes and then dehydration set in to get him more time he may want to start polishing his resume. FSU maybe his dream job but nightmares are a form of dreams too and so far his reign there has been nothing short of it and he has burned all of his honeymoon period. 

That's why I said this season. From what I saw for 30 minutes FSU is close. I may be wrong. We look completely inept. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Nick Carroll said:

It is typical human nature. When things are wrong we look back to when they were right. "We need CWT back." or further back "Bring back Leavitt" That is not how you fix things. Also dumping a coach with a payout means you can afford to pay less for your next coach and in our case that means a low tier coach. I like Strong and I want him to succeed. Yes the Wisconsin game was a **** show but seriously we have a new OC and a solid coach. Let them figure this out. A win against GT this weekend and maybe an AAC title makes this a good season in my mind. 

If we win the AAC title that would be Charlie would have prepared the team. We have seven straight games with zero preparation that has resulted in losses. This is Charlie's words not mine. Can you give me any evidence or hope that he can prepare the boys to fight and play some football?