• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong contract

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Love how you interpreted that post- in a thread that is about CCS contract and most recently discussing what his buyout might cost --- that I was trying to insinuate anything about how FSU is doing other than what position they are in if they decided to get a new coach. Or trying to compare how our team is playing compared to FSU for that matter. Please feel free point it out to me if I am mistaken-- because that is completely on your imagination. My post was intended to only be about the potential contract buyout situation.

Or the other guy @Nick Carroll apparently thinking this was some thought that we should get CWT back as coach at USF. Not sure if that was off the cuff or derived from my post because I don't recall anyone in this thread talking about how we need CWT back at USF.

Literally none of those things were meant--- just pointing out how insanely large that buyout is compared to the (at last check in the thread) 1.5 million buyout for CCS. I mean-- that FSU- CWT buyout is big for ANY school - I don't care how loaded you are-- that is a bunch of money. And by that-- I was trying to say maybe USF isn't in such a predicament as I PERSONALLY previously thought.

Why we had to take this thread in the direction of "how well FSU will do going forward" or "why don't we bring back CJL or get Art Briles" --- where the hell did that come from? I cannot understand how the tangents work around here sometimes-- and the over reaction to such a simple post that I copied from another source. Maybe it read as negative about FSU-- which I am fairly indifferent about -- and if some FSU/USF fan took offense-- my apologies.

you seem to get confused at times and really upset over some posts.  all I said was that FSU won't have to worry about his buyout.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you seem to get confused at times and really upset over some posts.  all I said was that FSU won't have to worry about his buyout.

I guess you think if someone writes a long reply that I am screaming the entire thing back at you. Thanks for reading one line and responding.

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and I say you read one line because you still do not get WHY I posted that information in the first place. YOu continue to defend how FSU will do and that the size of their buyout doesn't matter. Are you saying you think that buyout is perfectly acceptable? No-- you didn't address that at all.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Both of those guys are like an old can of Spam...they always available..

Art Briles knows what brings all the boys to the yard.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

and I say you read one line because you still do not get WHY I posted that information in the first place. YOu continue to defend how FSU will do and that the size of their buyout doesn't matter. Are you saying you think that buyout is perfectly acceptable? No-- you didn't address that at all.

What he is trying to say is that buyout is in line with the amount of money that FSU has remaining on that contract and it doesn't matter because they are most likely not firing him after this season. 

CWT has 4 years remaining including this one.

CCS has 3 years remaining including this one. 

More buyout numbers on several other "hot seat" type coaches contracts -- please take this the wrong way as well.

Some buyout facts:

Jeremy Pruitt: $5 M

Drops $1 M after each season

Will Muschamp: $22 M

$18.6 M at the end of the 2019 season

Willie Taggert: 85% of what's left on his contract

$17 M at the end of the 2019 season

Chip Kelly: $9 M

He also owe's $9 M if he leaves

2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

What he is trying to say is that buyout is in line with the amount of money that FSU has remaining on that contract and it doesn't matter because they are most likely not firing him after this season. 

CWT has 4 years remaining including this one.

CCS has 3 years remaining including this one. 

Not the point of why I posted the number. Not even close. The point is how ridiculously more expensive those buyouts are compared to CCS. I NEVER said that they are firing anyone or that they suck as a team -- nothing.

Look at the freaking title of this thread "Charlie STRONG CONTRACT". How am I the one out of line here? And then when I explain myself-- they don't even bother to read it and start calling me out as "getting upset". They still have no idea why that post was made based on the responses I've seen.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Willie Taggart makes 5M a year. So with 4 years remaining if you fired him, yes that number would be huge. No one is hiring him away. Therefore the only way buyout is applicable is if he is fired. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Love how you interpreted that post- in a thread that is about CCS contract and most recently discussing what his buyout might cost --- that I was trying to insinuate anything about how FSU is doing other than what position they are in if they decided to get a new coach. Or trying to compare how our team is playing compared to FSU for that matter. Please feel free point it out to me if I am mistaken-- because that is completely on your imagination. My post was intended to only be about the potential contract buyout situation.

Or the other guy @Nick Carroll apparently thinking this was some thought that we should get CWT back as coach at USF. Not sure if that was off the cuff or derived from my post because I don't recall anyone in this thread talking about how we need CWT back at USF.

Literally none of those things were meant--- just pointing out how insanely large that buyout is compared to the (at last check in the thread) 1.5 million buyout for CCS. I mean-- that FSU- CWT buyout is big for ANY school - I don't care how loaded you are-- that is a bunch of money. And by that-- I was trying to say maybe USF isn't in such a predicament as I PERSONALLY previously thought.

Why we had to take this thread in the direction of "how well FSU will do going forward" or "why don't we bring back CJL or get Art Briles" --- where the hell did that come from? I cannot understand how the tangents work around here sometimes-- and the over reaction to such a simple post that I copied from another source. Maybe it read as negative about FSU-- which I am fairly indifferent about -- and if some FSU/USF fan took offense-- my apologies.

I only brought up how we do not want to bring the old coaches back because 9 times out of 10 that is how threads lean. It was meant as an attempt to stay on point. However it went there anyway so lesson learned.

Also long conversations tend to make tangents as it spurs other conversation points. but I digress. I don't to start a new tangent. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Not the point of why I posted the number. Not even close. The point is how ridiculously more expensive those buyouts are compared to CCS. I NEVER said that they are firing anyone or that they suck as a team -- nothing.

Look at the freaking title of this thread "Charlie STRONG CONTRACT". How am I the one out of line here? And then when I explain myself-- they don't even bother to read it and start calling me out as "getting upset". They still have no idea why that post was made based on the responses I've seen.

again no need to get so upset. you don't know what Strong's buyout is compared to Taggart.

In response to the request, the school indicated other buyout terms are included in an agreement between Strong and the USF Foundation, the school's private fundraising arm. As a direct-support organization, USF Foundation records are confidential and exempt from disclosure under Florida law.

But it is believed Strong's buyout amount in that agreement is considerable.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/usf-bulls/2018/11/29/sorry-charlie-critics-strongs-usf-buyout-bigger-than-presumed/