• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

I emailed Kelly , if he  doesn't fire Strong I am not renewing my season tickets.  Sucks but that is the only statement I can make to make a change

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

We will be reducing our number of tickets next year but not related to the play of the team. Just the family/grand kids not being able to make most games.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541

I'm not renewing because we lost it's that the team has digressed this year.   We deserve better

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

If USF gets beat by UCF 41-0, can we fire the staff with cause?

I also wont get season tix unless with get an OCS.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I respect you all in your decision but can’t agree with it. This is cutting off a nose despite the face. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

31 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

I'm sorry but if we don't beat ucf at least once within 3 years that coach should be fired regardless. If you're okay with that you can go 80 mikes east.

"Lighten up Francis".  No need to tell me where to go in your hypothetical scenario.

I'm not fine with losing to UCF.  But when you lose a QB who had to have a career day to stay within 7 pts, I think it's unrealistic to expect someone else who's never played a full season to come in and keep pace (when they still have their key players).  Me saying that doesn't mean I like UCF or Strong (I don't care for either), it's just trying to set realistic expectations.

A clever coach could find ways to compensate.  If you saw the Memphis game against UCF, there was a great trick play that caught the UCF defense literally looking (to the sideline).  I doubt we'll do anything like that. 

At the end of the day you still can't fire a head coach with a huge winning record in our piddly conference because it will look bad to other potential hires.  You can't tell someone "You must beat UCF when they are having statistically anomalous seasons or else"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

It has been less than TWO years!!!!! My goodness, how is there supposed to be any development? Please tell me, nearly every coach struggles the first couple years until they get their footing and system established. I mean, wholly smokes, who do you think we are? We are a G5 school, who is going to come here and win from day one? What coach who has options, would come to a G5 school whose fan base will give them 1.5 years before they turn on him? CCS is not without his faults, but there needs to be more of a commitment and give the guy 4-5 years, then evaluate. You are free to do what you want, but if I was Kelly, I would look at you as an irrational, uncommitted fan and wouldn't worry about losing you as a season ticket holder. Just my two cents. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, michibull said:

every coach struggles the first couple years until they get their footing and system established.

See the recent coach Willie Taggart.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

I'm sorry but if we don't beat ucf at least once within 3 years that coach should be fired regardless. If you're okay with that you can go 80 mikes east.

Good thing we’ve beaten them 2 out of the last 3 years. Strong gets 2 more shots. Glad to see you’ve come around on him.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

I f I contact Kelly that I will not renew my season tickets without  Strong being fired am I a bad USF supporter?

YES.

12 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Come on, let's pretend he really would listen to you this time.  Do you cash in your chips because a coach is 17-3?

From my perspective he's not "killing it" (despite the record), but he also hasn't done anything worth firing.  Do I have confidence in him?  Nope!  But you can't fire someone in the AAC for an overwhelming winning percentage.  Would look really bad to potential replacements.

I believe he will personally read these emails ↑ and ↓ and respond. If not personally by public comment to show fans that he does listen.

10 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

I emailed Kelly , if he  doesn't fire Strong I am not renewing my season tickets.  Sucks but that is the only statement I can make to make a change

Not renewing season tickets will not help to make a change. USF can't afford to pay any good coach to replace him.