• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS in Consideration for Maryland Job?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

LOL When you move away from Florida you really appreciate it more lol While Georgia isnt that bad, i miss the beaches, palm trees and hot and muggy weather lol

No way I could ever return to Florida unless I could leave during the summer...not the place to be if you enjoy the outdoors. But I would love to be there during CFB season.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

58 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

DJ Durkin was only making $2.5m at Maryland. Maryland is no Ohio State or Alabama, so I can't see them paying CCS much more than what they were paying Durkin. 

They are going to pay what it takes to get who they want.  They're a PR nightmare right now and they need someone that can come in and clean it up while turning the program around.  They may be able to pull someone up from the assistant coach or G5 ranks and pay them what Durkin was making, but if they need to go a little deeper I suspect they will.

Or they could go the USF route and find someone making a boatload of cash from being fired like CCS was and make it work that way.

Either way,  I don't think Strong will be their answer

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Charlie is not going anywhere, he shall lead USF to the promise land and make you all eat crow.......that is all.  Maryland, sucks and always have sucked. Maryland is cold and sucks. Tampa is sunny, warm, has beaches and is in a superior state! lol Charlie is a man who is NOT swayed by money. He still wears slippers and socks to the airport. He wants a legacy not just a paycheck. 

You forgot one important factor:

image.thumb.png.3aeec4bc242b9ee9a02e17d67c7d8256.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

CCS likes his retirement in FL.  NO pressure, can come in 3rd in a G5 and not have to worry about a thing, oh yeah and get paid 2.5 mill a year while doing it (for now).  He'll stick with the easy life.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Strong is the kind of steady handed, experienced,  widely respected character candidate that would make him the kind of hire I think Maryland would definitely consider.   Considering the PR nightmare I really think they go with a character hire who has shown they can field a competitive team while running clean program.   If Charlie just wants more resources and that G5 tag they could be a threat.   They just tried the young up an comer route with Durkin so they may swerve hard in the other direction which would make Strong attractive to them.   I'm not as concerned as I am about Ga Tech or Vandy ( I don't think he'd be a candidate for UNC) but this is definitely one to keep a close eye on.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Strong is the kind of steady handed, experienced,  widely respected character candidate that would make him the kind of hire I think Maryland would definitely consider.   Considering the PR nightmare I really think they go with a character hire who has shown they can field a competitive team while running clean program.   If Charlie just wants more resources and that G5 tag they could be a threat.   They just tried the young up an comer route with Durkin so they may swerve hard in the other direction which would make Strong attractive to them.   I'm not as concerned as I am about Ga Tech or Vandy ( I don't think he'd be a candidate for UNC) but this is definitely one to keep a close eye on.  

Sounds like youre describing Skip Holtz! They need to turn the page to a Holtz new Era!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

LOL When you move away from Florida you really appreciate it more lol While Georgia isnt that bad, i miss the beaches, palm trees and hot and muggy weather lol

I moved away and don’t miss a thing about it.  I lived right on the Gulf...rarely set foot on the beach.   To each his own.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

There's your answer, then. No coach would take the Maryland job for a 3%-5% raise. No person would take a raise that little for a ******** job in any profession. 

Yeah it's not worth the risk of the unknowns.  And Maryland is quite a known risk on top of that.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

Plus, Maryland will never put the support into the program it needs to compete year in year out with Michigan, and Ohio State.    I don't think he wants to go to a bottom program.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,020
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Rizman said:

Plus, Maryland will never put the support into the program it needs to compete year in year out with Michigan, and Ohio State.    I don't think he wants to go to a bottom program.

Let's be fair.  Rutgers is the bottom program.