• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This Team and Your Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We spent almost a decade in the Big East and 2 years as C-USA and never got past 9-4. A majority of our games were lost in the 2nd half of the season. Besides USF being in a better conference back then,  we are having  waaay much more success NOW.  I swear, I can't exactly figure out what "glory years"  we had to be so butt hurt about our current team. If we play a complete game, i feel we can beat anybody. 

image.png.e1265e8c146a8bb4cf0407600f53d6aa.png

Exactly. I too would like to know when exactly were those glory years of winning conference championships? Did I sleep during that time and missed it?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

My preseason prediction was 8-4.  Figure we’d lose to Gtech or Illinois, Houston, C. And Temple or Cinci.  We’re ahead of were I thought we’d be at this point in the season, however, I’m sticking with 8-4.  The game that really hit home with me was UConn.  I really expected a solid showing with how bad UConn has been this year, however, we gave up 300 yards rushing and scored 38 points.  No team UConn had played prior scored less than 49 against that D.  I see us going 1-3 down the stretch and that doesn’t make me a bad fan.  I go to all the games, wear the gear, cheer loudly and travel to select away games and bowl games.  However, reality, is what it is and everything I’ve seen from this team says 8-4 and that’s not a bad thing considering everything we lost.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I really didn't even try to guess what our record would be before the season, having no idea what the QB situation might look like, and after losing a few key parts on the DL & LB, but my expectations were high after the GT game. I thought that the offense looked good, and that Barnett could only continue to get better with more time in the offense, but that's not happening though. I thought that getting to the CCG was doable, and it still is, but there are more doubts now for me than there were after GT.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Replace "Bears" with "Bulls" in this sound-byte. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I drank the CaliBull kool-aid and expected Blake Barnett to leads us to an easy 12-0 season.

In reality, I figured we'd have a few losses but also figured we would easily, handily, beat the bottom feeders of the conference.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

26 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We spent almost a decade in the Big East and 2 years as C-USA and never got past 9-4. A majority of our games were lost in the 2nd half of the season. Besides USF being in a better conference back then,  we are having  waaay much more success NOW.  I swear, I can't exactly figure out what "glory years"  we had to be so butt hurt about our current team. If we play a complete game, i feel we can beat anybody. 

image.png.e1265e8c146a8bb4cf0407600f53d6aa.png

wake me up when that happens.

how do you compare barely beating bottom dwellers of this conference to the big east days or even c-usa when we were beating highly ranked teams like WVU, UofL, Auburn, Kansas,FSU , etc.not to mention conference foes like Pitt, TCU,etc? Hell when holtz first got here we were beating the likes of Clemson, Notre Dame, etc. and I can't stand what Holtz did to this program. he was awful.

If Leavitt could win 8 to 9 games regularly in a MUCH stronger conference with this program with far less resources then I don't think it's asking much to expect 9-10 wins a season in this god awful conference especially if we load our schedule with P5 cupcakes OOC.

Again all I expect out of our team is to improve from the beginning of the season up to the end. I couldn't care less what our record is. I haven't see much improvement from the coaches or the players. Same sloppy play. Same mental mistakes. Same conservative play calling in crucial situations. we always come out flat. If we have the better athletes, we win(not to tough to have better athletes in this conference. we win-even if barely against much lesser competition). if we don't then we generally lose

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I drank the CaliBull kool-aid and expected Blake Barnett to leads us to an easy 12-0 season.

In reality, I figured we'd have a few losses but also figured we would easily, handily, beat the bottom feeders of the conference.

Same here, and one of those teams is THE bottom feeder in all of the FBS (UConn). We have been unimpressive in 7 of our 8 games this year, but I'm not ruling out a CCG appearance yet. Tulane, Cincy, and Temple are beatable, and we get UCF at home.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

My expectation was 4-5 losses this year.

8-4 or 7-5.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

November...I'm hoping that we are no worse than another 10-2 season. This means no more half-ast football during the next three games.  Beating ucf at the end would be something for this team to hang it's hat on for next year and..depending, maybe slip us into a rematch with Houston??

November...cold, blustery weather. I'm sure everyone remembers how we seem to falter when playing in cold weather. Temple and Cincy could be real cold by then. It has been a thing in the past. Remember Strong saying in an interview last year how the team was worried about having long sleeves for an upcoming cold weather game? (poss bowl).

Maybe this is a new generation of players who can overcome this odd cold weather curse. 

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

One more win is what I expect.